Loudmouth V6 Poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Rich97 W68:
    Sorry, cannot email the video I have remaining. It's too large for the mail server.

R
    <hr></blockquote>
    If I give you an email account on my server, would you be willing to send it to me? I'll host it for the masses..

-Steve

BTW, I'm getting the Loudmouth this week.. ;)

2000 Magnetic Red II Automatic Coupe
    Best(s): Coming soon
    99 Bright Red Turbo Firebird A4 T-Tops
    Best(s): N20 - 14.01 @ 97.32 (1.64) Turbo - Coming soon

Comment

Sorry the last one of richs loudmouth setup I could save from my damaged HD.

[ July 22, 2002: Message edited by: JVT007 ]</p>

Comment

Hey Dom did you ever go with loudmouth?
        1999 Firebird Black<br />A4 3.08 gears<br />Mods: Carbon Fiber Whisper Lid, Raised Air Box, K&N Air Filter, Direct Hits Ignition, Flowmaster American Thunder 3\", 160 Degree Hypertech Thermostat, SLP Fan Switch, 3\" High Flow Cat<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=273903\" target=\"_blank\">My car on Cardomain</a>

Comment

Rich do u have performance mods or is the loudmouth the only thing? How much was the final cost of this system? what is the run down of everything u have?

[ July 22, 2002: Message edited by: sste31 ]</p>
          NO NOTHING CAR FAN

Comment

While I won't bother with the "please do a search so I don't have to keep on answering this same question"...though I'd love to... ;)

My FULL list of mods are right here:

1 SLP Cold Air Induction
            1 Hotchkis Strut Tower Brace
            1 SLP Loudmouth Exhaust with LT1 Adapter Kit
            2 Ractive 6x3" stainless oval tips

Done.
            Easy enough I think.

No headers, stock cat, no fake turbo blowoff, no neon lighting, no 13" gold wire wheels, no afterburner lighted neon exhaust tips, no fake rollcage...just what I mentioned above and ONLY THAT.

R

Comment

Final cost installed:

1 $279.00 Loudmouth exhaust system (Group Purchase)
              1 LT1 Adapter Kit $69.99
              1 Labor and modification of parts charge $80
              2 Tips since the Loudmouth tips suck *** $92
              1 Shipping(Exhaust AND tips): $40x2
              1 Tax@.07 (assumed on all parts, not labor): $36.47

Total: $637.46 (tips included)
              ------------------------------
              Modifications to LT1 adapter kit:

On stock cat:
              There was no after-cat O2 bung on the LT1 in 1993-5. Add one in the S-pipe after the cat.

The stock cat sits a hair further back on our cars than the single cat LT1s, shorten the S-pipe by 0.75-1.25 inches.
              ------------------------------

Shameless plug for TByrneMotorsports:

Great customer service. Great price. Outstanding turnaround time given SLPs reluctance to get anything anywhere on-time. I even have a $50 credit toward a future purchase due to my extended wait. Prompt, and I mean PROMPT responses to emails, calls, etc.

www.tbyrnemotorsports.com

Time to price some mods! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Richard

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by triad:
                I was this close: &gt; &lt;
                to putting a loudmouth on my car. But I dont think I would have passed emission's testing in Cali with them.

I'd say hell yes to the loudmouth - I think its the most aggressive sounding exhaust I have heard on our cars.
                <hr></blockquote>
                Hey Im from bakersfield to. I thought i was the only v6 camaro that actually raced. do you go out to the street races? go out to famosa this friday night, all of us muclse car are going to race.
                1996 CAMARO M5 3.8, SLP CAI, FLOWMASTER CAT BACK WITH 80 SERIES.<br />MODS ON THE WAY ZEXEL LSD, ONE PIECE DRIVESHAFT.

Comment

Pricing:

Bought my SLP Loudmouth slightly used from a guy on ls1.com with the LS1 kit for 220.
                  He threw in two Hooker Resonator tips for 20 each.
                  Ordered a 3" highflow Catco cat from Summit for 59
                  Muffler guy to put it on: 70.

Total: 389.

BAM!

In other words, check the other boards' forsale section as well as ours for a used one ;)

2000 Magnetic Red II Automatic Coupe
                  Best(s): Coming soon
                  99 Bright Red Turbo Firebird A4 T-Tops
                  Best(s): N20 - 14.01 @ 97.32 (1.64) Turbo - Coming soon

Comment

Does the loudmouth ever get ricey? Thats all I really care about. I want it to be loud as hell and to definately turn peoples heads. Do I have to get the LS1 adapter kit for my 98 bird? What does the kit consist of?
                    NO NOTHING CAR FAN

Comment

You will need the 30045 installation kit to adapt it to the V6. The installation kit has the s-pipe, clamps and hangers. You can see details on my site listed below.
                      - Josh<br />If you have any questions or need installation pics/help, e-mail me: Viper98885@aol.com<br /><a href=\"http://Camaroz28.cardomain.com/id/viper98885\" target=\"_blank\">\'93 Camaro Hardtop</a><br /><a href=\"http://Camaroz28.cardomain.com/id/01lincolnls8\" target=\"_blank\">\'01 Lincoln LS8 Sport</a><br />\'00 Yamaha YZF-R6<br /><a href=\"http://www.ftpp.net\" target=\"_blank\">Full Throttle Performance</a>

Comment

Never heard a loudmouth up close, but rich's
                        video sounds good. The problem with flows is it
                        rices out ofcourse, but they have a catback
                        system with a resinator. I'm curious to how that
                        sounds.
                        98 3.8 A4<br />yep it\'s a 6

Comment

I don't think anyone has found a way yet to get rid of our rice sound problem.
                          1999 Firebird Black<br />A4 3.08 gears<br />Mods: Carbon Fiber Whisper Lid, Raised Air Box, K&N Air Filter, Direct Hits Ignition, Flowmaster American Thunder 3\", 160 Degree Hypertech Thermostat, SLP Fan Switch, 3\" High Flow Cat<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=273903\" target=\"_blank\">My car on Cardomain</a>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr> I don't think anyone has found a way yet to get rid of our rice sound problem.<hr></blockquote>

there are plenty of ways around this problem. first of all, most people want louder than crap mufflers at idle. that's a big first "no" if you don't want the rice sound later on--any setup that causes your car to sound like a v8 at idle is almost always going to make the sound get worse with higher rpms. now, if you go buy a dynomax, and edelbrock, or a magnaflow (and probably some others out there, but these are the ones i know of off-hand), you don't have quite the rumble at idle that most people want, but you never have to worry about a riceyness noise coming from your exhaust at higher rpms. that's my philosophy anyway; i've heard some ricey fbods that sound awesome at idle...my car doesn't sound awesome at idle, but it does throughout the whole rpm range and doesn't annoy the hell out of me on the road.

so if you want deep rich sound to make people turn their heads, you are going to have to deal with ricey when you throttle it; if you want a rich sound all the way through the rpm band, then you won't get people to turn their heads unless you throttle it; and if you want a deep rich sound to make people turn their heads and a deep rich sound when you throttle it, buy a v8. nuff said.
                            2000 NBM M6 Camaro Z28<br />323/335

Comment

If I had the money to buy a ****cking V8 then I would otherwise why the hell would i get a six. I'm not as concerned with high rpm range cuz I don't race and I usually don't go above 3k rpms so therefore I don't care. I want the best rumble at low rpms and at normal driving not at WOT.
                              NO NOTHING CAR FAN

Comment

That's what I may do. Its nice to have a deep tone going down the road but when I gun it I don't want rice. Right now my car sounds good going down the road but its got a lil' rice when i get on it. Oh well I don't know what to do with my exhaust yet lol.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                                  Had to be evacuated again due to fire
                                  by ssms5411
                                  Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
                                  1 week ago
                                • RPDRed6
                                  For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
                                  by RPDRed6
                                  Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
                                  3 weeks ago
                                • ssms5411
                                  No start problem
                                  by ssms5411
                                  So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
                                  4 weeks ago
                                • SixShooter'00Camaro
                                  Revival
                                  by SixShooter'00Camaro
                                  Working on getting my 99 Camaro back in action. Long story short, got parked in the garage about 5 years ago (kids, career stuff ect.) trying to get her...
                                  4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X