intake filter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• intake filter

just placed a kn air filter ( cone ), i just want to know what that sensor with two plug ,that i had to move that was on top or buy the stock filter

Re: intake filter

what yr camaro?

Comment

Originally posted by av6xperience
      what yr camaro?
      1997 firebird V6

Comment

its the temperature sensor, i ran w/o it for a while but i think you do need it. it shouldn't have to come out anyways if all you did was throw on a cone filter in place of the stock box.

Comment

its the temperature sensor, i ran w/o it for a while but i think you do need it. it shouldn't have to come out anyways if all you did was throw on a cone filter in place of the stock box.
          i did't remove it, just placed it next to the cone

Comment

oh ok. well i would re-connect it just to be safe. i replaced all the stock plastic intake pieces that are all mis-shaped and screw up the airflow with a plastic flexible intake tubing from autozone for 25$ i think, then cut a hole in it and stuck the sensor inside then tapped the remaining tiny air gaps from that.

Comment

or taped, however its spelled

Comment

oh ok. well i would re-connect it just to be safe. i replaced all the stock plastic intake pieces that are all mis-shaped and screw up the airflow with a plastic flexible intake tubing from autozone for 25$ i think, then cut a hole in it and stuck the sensor inside then tapped the remaining tiny air gaps from that.
                it's not THAT ONE , is the one thats next to stock filter box, it about 3x3 inches , two plugs and two screws holding it in place, right next to the fender.

Comment

alright imma go take a look outside at mine

Comment

ok well im not sure exactly what it is your talking about now but if possible just re-connect it

Comment

Are you talking about the headlight box over by the air box? If you are why did you unplug it in the first place? Noithing to do with your intake, just headlights. This is firebird only.
                      1999 Pontiac Trans Am M6 Far from stock.....
                      Pics http://rides.webshots.com/album/5599...Dk?vhost=rides

Comment

I'm kinda curious what this is too ... mine is just hanging there since the CAI. No clue what it does but I've never unplugged it to see what happens.
                        \'97 Firebird 3.8 ... 1/4 mile = 12.50 (minutes)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X