EGR Valve Location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EGR Valve Location

I was wondering if anyone could hook me up with a picture showing the location of the EGR valve on a 99 Camaro (or equivalent). I want to attempt to clean it because I keep getting the 1404 code that it is stuck open/closed. I read about some people soaking it in carb cleaner. Is this the way to go?

Thanks in advance.
    1999 Camaro V6 3.8L A4<br />Red, T-tops, Monsoon<br />No mods.......yet.

Re: EGR Valve Location

you can just spot it there on the drivers side, i circle the EGR and the hosing/

and no that albainian is not me.... lol

i hpe he looks at this thread tho.

Comment

Make sure you clean it real good and let it dry before you put it back on, or then you will be getting the code all over again. Clean the hose with a soft wire brush and some carb cleaner(works like a charm).

Comment

Thanks for the posts guys. Going to go pick up some carb cleaner soon. Couldn't have picked a better day. Its 55 degrees out. Not bad for late December in Ohio.
        1999 Camaro V6 3.8L A4<br />Red, T-tops, Monsoon<br />No mods.......yet.

Comment

would seafoam deep creep clean it cause i got EGR malfuntion and what do i clean on it thanks!

Comment

Well first, make sure that the two connectors that it sits on are nice and shiny(don't use any cleaners on those) just a nice soft bristle brush (it may be ok to use some type of cleaner, but I am not completely sure) . Then you want to clean the hose that is right next to it. Clean the inside of that sucker like there is no tomorrow with some carb. cleaner and a wire brush until all the black(if any) is gone, or at least for the most part.

Comment

Originally posted by UDLOSE98

you can just spot it there on the drivers side, i circle the EGR and the hosing/

and no that albainian is not me.... lol

i hpe he looks at this thread tho.
              is this the same on a 96 bird? cuz mine probly needs to be cleaned as well

Comment

not sure, but its prolly close

Comment

Originally posted by 96greenmachine
                  It should be, just check. I don't think the angled TB would cause it to change location
                  Black \'94 Trans Am A4- SLP CAI & Loudmouth<br />Red \'93 Firebird A4- Ram Air under the WS6 hood, !cat, exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by 96greenmachine
                    Yes, it is the same on all years.
                    Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
                      Good to see the site is back up
                      by 2.8 Bird
                      So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
                      3 days ago
                    • FirebirdGT
                      New Site Hosting Issues
                      by FirebirdGT
                      All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                      2 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X