Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• washer air box mod????

http://www.motortopia.com/challenges..._vs_the_rocket
    what the hell is it? btw you may want to click on the mods tab when you scroll down

Re: washer air box mod????

Well according to the guy that made the page you were looking at...

"it's where you put about 4 washers between the airbox and the frame. You remove those 4 bolts that hold the airbox on and put the washers under the airbox. It's supposed to open up the opening a little bit. The washers were free for me, so it didn't cost me anything to try it. I dunno if it worked at all, but every little bit helps."

Comment

it just raises your airbox to allow more room for airflow. I don't think its really gonna do anything, but it won't hurt to try. Should be easy to do and quick. Just remember alot of the time people think things work great, but it ends up being in your head most of the time.
      Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

all that does is bring your airbox lid closer to hitting the underside of your hood

Comment

Originally posted by josh98bird
          it just raises your airbox to allow more room for airflow. I don't think its really gonna do anything, but it won't hurt to try. Should be easy to do and quick. Just remember alot of the time people think things work great, but it ends up being in your head most of the time.
          like weight loss pills
          i ment to post this in the intake section, but just too keep it here....how does it look?

Comment

I would think that if you add a gap on the engine side of your intake all that's going to do is bring hotter air in. If your looking to uincrease airflow for the better you would need a cai setup that goes in front of the radiator.
            Let's flip a coin. Heads I get tail, Tails I get head.

Comment

i would also think raising the air box would introduce more warmer air. i know that the k&n intake looks really nice, but from what iv read, most people say it performs just as good as whisper lip +k&n filter + f.r.a

Comment

I concur, read my post above.
                Let's flip a coin. Heads I get tail, Tails I get head.

Comment

u also got to remeber that he has a ss hood on there so hes getting air from there so rasing it will let more air in with help of the ss hood just my .02
                  2000 camaro rs:whisperlid, 2.5 magnaflow exhaust, catco high flow cat, fast toys cai, 3.73, 160 power stat, msd 8.5 wires ngk iridium spark plugs, hpp3, zzp w/p and alt. under drive pullies, 1.9 Rockers/LS6 Springs with ls1 retainers

Comment

i would think it would give more air, but hotter, think about it, put your lips close to gether and feel the air as you blow out cool, now make your mouth wide and blow the same warm...air velocity means alot

Comment

Originally posted by iZZZ!
                      i would also think raising the air box would introduce more warmer air. i know that the k&n intake looks really nice, but from what iv read, most people say it performs just as good as whisper lip +k&n filter + f.r.a
                      I have Whisper/K&N, but went with the washers vice the free ram air.
                      air for the front of the whisper is from the grill and ducts and fog lite penetrations.
                      The plastic from the airdam up to the radiators seperates the air sources.

Comment

My car has the nostrils cut out ("through the nostrils ram air") and the air box raised. when the car is moving, it sends air directly into the airbox from the front. The K&N filter gets dirty quicker (therefore needs ot be cleaned more often), but cleaning the K&N is easy, of course.
                        I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line - Midnight Blue

Pewter Mafia - 2000 Firebird - SOLD
                        CENTRAL FLORIDA KNIGHTS!!!!!!!
                        FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES !!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Smoke Panther
                          all that does is bring your airbox lid closer to hitting the underside of your hood
                          i agree............i think just cutting the plastics out of the lid would be better
                          ....WHITE CAMARO CLUB....? =(

Comment

so where do u put the washers at and how many in total
                            2000 camaro rs:whisperlid, 2.5 magnaflow exhaust, catco high flow cat, fast toys cai, 3.73, 160 power stat, msd 8.5 wires ngk iridium spark plugs, hpp3, zzp w/p and alt. under drive pullies, 1.9 Rockers/LS6 Springs with ls1 retainers

Comment

My friend did it to his 99 firebird. it raised the airbox, and he cut out the latch thing for ram air. It makes the airbox even with the nostrils on the V6/Formula body.

His 99 firebird V6 would have more *** higher end than his brother's unmolested 98 did...which I have now. haha.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X