Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: washer air box mod????

Originally posted by Everglades W68
    My car has the nostrils cut out ("through the nostrils ram air") and the air box raised. when the car is moving, it sends air directly into the airbox from the front. The K&N filter gets dirty quicker (therefore needs ot be cleaned more often), but cleaning the K&N is easy, of course.
    Likewise, but on my base Catfish, I have raised the 'Lid with washers, removed the black plastic grill and plate mount from the bumber, installed diamond mesh grill behind the two 'nostrils' in the bumper, and carefully removed some black crashfoam for a smoother pathway to the intake, tho not direct ramair. I am working on a ducting design.

Btw, after raising your intake with the washers, the metal plate they sit on can be bent down for a larger opening also. If u use the right plier or sheetmetal tools, it can be done neatly without cracking the paint or creasing the steel.

Finally, in front and below that sheetmetal that the 'Lid and washers rest on, is a black ABS panel that seperates the airflow from the airdam that supplies air to the radiator(s). It has upper and lower halves, and they can be seperated from the two plastic fasteners and secured to the surrounding sheet metal to allow more air into the front of the intake before the firewall without reducing this airflow to the radiators.

I feel cutting any plastic from the Whisperlid itself is a mistake.
    Last edited by mloaks; 07-17-2007, 11:05 AM. Reason: detail

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
    Working...
    X