egr leaking by headers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• egr leaking by headers

i have pacesetter headers and where the egr connects to them it leaks.
    im thinking about taking off the egr and just closing the header connection.
    is this possible and what effects would i have?

Re: egr leaking by headers

You can either do that, or get some JB Weld or Copper RTV to seal it up. I've heard sometimes that after a while that will leak as well, but this is a normal problem with the Pacesetters. I'm getting mine done this week hopefully, and I'll let you know if the JB Weld works, because that's what I'm using.

Comment

what are you emission codes there? in pa i have to have one connected to pass. but i did the erg delete on my camaro. just go zzperformace and get the block off plates(2) and put one on the upper intake and one on the header. that way you can put the egr back on if you need too. plus it cleans up the bay when the egr is gone
      WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Originally posted by kristen
        what are you emission codes there? in pa i have to have one connected to pass. but i did the erg delete on my camaro. just go zzperformace and get the block off plates(2) and put one on the upper intake and one on the header. that way you can put the egr back on if you need too. plus it cleans up the bay when the egr is gone

I was under the impression that if you remove the EGR, you need to have it removed from the PCM in order to prevent the SES light.

Comment

Originally posted by candela
          I was under the impression that if you remove the EGR, you need to have it removed from the PCM in order to prevent the SES light.
          its hit and miss. some throw a code some dont. me personally, i did throw a code, but my light is on for my cat anyway.
          1998 bright red camaro ,M5 ,Y87 ,stock<br /><br />Originally posted by Rune:<br />If it smells like a turd and looks like a turd, chances are its probably not a candy bar.

Comment

i was throwing a code even when my egr was leaking...

i tried the RTV many times, no luck. replaced the lower tube assembly, worked for a few weeks... but its leaking again.

i would just delete it.
            2002 SOM Camaro- Sold
            2006 S60- Sold
            2000 Cherokee- The desert whip

Comment

i never threw one code. but who knows my pcm is far from stock.
              WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

I made a gasket for it and it worked great, until I deleted it.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X