Exhaust rattles....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust rattles....

I just had my cat replace by a piece of straight pipe because it was rattling and i dont have emissions here nor the extra $200. My question is that after i got this fixed i have a small rattle coming from under the hood that must have been covered up by the louder cat rattle. I am hoping it is just a heat shield but what else should i check for? It does it mainly right after a shift when im going easy on the gas as the RPM's plane out and very loudly above 5k. Its about to drive me crazy and makes the car sound terrible at full throttle.

Re: Exhaust rattles....

is the pipe welded or clamped on?

Comment

Welded, i know its coming from the engine bay or at least the very front of the car. It sounds almost like its coming straight through the dash when it rattles.

Comment

if i was to guess i would think it is your heat shields but it could also be your dust shield on your trans

Comment

Mine did this as well when I first got my straight pipe. The exhaust was bouncing off the crossmember. There was a little crossmember that just supported it...around the S bend I think. It was fine in the middle RPM, but at low end it was flexing and rattling bad. I just wedged a small cube of steele in between that crossmember and the pipe....

Comment

Ok, Ill check those this weekend. Now i just got to figure out how to get the front of the car up on the ramps. lol

Comment

get like a foot long 2x4 and put it at the foot of the ramp... or buy the special thigns for the ramps lol

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X