Thinking about going back to 180 stat - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thinking about going back to 180 stat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking about going back to 180 stat

It's been very hot in my place and the 160 is not working too well now. Perhaps 160 is just opening up to soon that it not giving the radiator time to cool off the circulating coolant.

Yeah I use to have a drilled 160 and it still got hot about 220 switch back to a 180 and still heats up the same in hot weather, only difference I noticed was it took a little longer for the 160 to heat up. I’m sure it’s good for the track but not for driving around. Best thing I installed for cooling is a SLP manual fan switch, real easy to install and works well switching to low and high fan settings.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

A thermostat only maintains MINIMUM OPERATING coolant temperature. When do your fans come on?
      Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com

"Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

I think it’s either 210 or 220 for low and 235 for high, I know the high is correct, I’ll check on the low.
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

You really need to manually control the fans in summer on these engines - I have a 180 and start both fans after I start the car - and the fans stay on all the time when driving - in AZ getting to maybe 195 max temp.
          Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com

"Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

Pretty sure it’s 220.

Comment

Originally posted by FirebirdGT View Post
              You really need to manually control the fans in summer on these engines - I have a 180 and start both fans after I start the car - and the fans stay on all the time when driving - in AZ getting to maybe 195 max temp.
              Yeah fan switch works the best , I have Hptuners set up low 180 and high 200 temp to come on, but soon as it hits the 180 temp I usually switch on the fan switch on high and usually see the temp between 200-210.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X