governer :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• governer :(

how do i get rid of the damn thing? taking it to the strip right now i dont need to, but later on when my car is more modded i would like to not be topping out on the way to the finish line.....

Re: governer :(

u better b puttin some serious power down to b toppin out in the 1/4 at 118...either way u gotta program it out of ur pcm

87 Firebird RIP
    96 Camaro RS RIP
    94 Patriot Red 1LE Z28 - Sold
    02 WS6 TA - Sold

Comment

is it a 3.8? use hp tuners, dhp or mail order tune
      http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, not even Shirl's fastest run got near 118mph. And if you are that fast, you should already know what to do to get ride of it so......
        2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Originally posted by BLLDOGG
          AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, not even Shirl's fastest run got near 118mph. And if you are that fast, you should already know what to do to get ride of it so......
          lol good point there
          http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

sounds like its a 3.4
            2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

Originally posted by supercharged34
              how do i get rid of the damn thing? taking it to the strip right now i dont need to, but later on when my car is more modded i would like to not be topping out on the way to the finish line.....
              If you have a 3.4, you are screwed, but if you have a supercharged 3.4, you should already have a aftermarket fuel management system for sure!

Only ways are to send it in to Fastchips, reprogram yourself *its a mess and not something for the new guys to even consider trying*, or buy a megasquirt of other stand alone fuel management system.
              1995 Camaro 3.4 A4<br /><br />CAI,IAT Relocate

Comment

wait wait wait guys. relax already, youre assuming wayyyy too much. the car is a 3.8 first of all. second, i didnt say my car was hitting 118 on the quarter. this was a hypothetical situation, just a way to get some info on getting rid of the governer. please dont start hating and ripping on me. im not that rediculous. and the supercharged thing is from my email, makes it easy to remember for me.

guess ill be more careful about how i word things from now on

Comment

ahhhh
                  its a 96 3.8 manual
                  youd have to get the 97 computer if you used hptuners
                  2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

How else were we supposed to take "i would like to not be topping out on the way to the finish line"?? Of course it sounds like you were going to top out the governor on the way to the finish line.

Anyway... I think I do remember that your car is a 96, so slow6 is correct from what I understand.
                    \'98 Camaro V6<br />Appearance... pleasing<br />Performance... just a little extra air.

Comment

For what its worth, if he had like 3.73s or 4.10s and didn't reprogram he would be hitting the speed limiter at like 100 mph maybe even less. (I don't remember what and don't feel like calculating)

I have seen a supercharged 3.8L hit the speedlimiter before the end of the track do to this exact problem.

This was back when no tuning was availible.

Why not just put a toggle switch on the VSS, shut it off when you go fast, and turn it back on when you are done.

Won't have any speedomoter though.
                      1993 t-topped camaro to let the rays in.

Comment

well thanks anyway. guess i didnt really get my tone of sarcasim through my typing very well. ill be more blunt from now on. sorry guys

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X