SES Codes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SES Codes

My SES light came on a few days ago and I finally got a chance to bring it into autozone and see whats up. The codes came back as 420 and 422 (not sure bout 422 but 420 for sure). The guy said it was something to do with the caty converter not being fully efficient.... what does this basically mean? Replace the catty?

Re: SES Codes

hmmm i got the same code too 420 but the thing is i dont have a cat so it has to be something else
    2000 camaro rs:whisperlid, 2.5 magnaflow exhaust, catco high flow cat, fast toys cai, 3.73, 160 power stat, msd 8.5 wires ngk iridium spark plugs, hpp3, zzp w/p and alt. under drive pullies, 1.9 Rockers/LS6 Springs with ls1 retainers

Comment

Originally posted by Kal-El
      hmmm i got the same code too 420 but the thing is i dont have a cat so it has to be something else
      Kal-El: did you get a 02 sim to get rid of this code? If not, that is why you are triggering the code

PO420 is yea your cat is most likely on its way out
      http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

like 97rs4life said,
        its definately the cat, and if you dont have a cat, then its definately the cat
        haha
        2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

yeah i got a 02 sim so why would the come up on mine?
          2000 camaro rs:whisperlid, 2.5 magnaflow exhaust, catco high flow cat, fast toys cai, 3.73, 160 power stat, msd 8.5 wires ngk iridium spark plugs, hpp3, zzp w/p and alt. under drive pullies, 1.9 Rockers/LS6 Springs with ls1 retainers

Comment

Originally posted by Kal-El
            yeah i got a 02 sim so why would the come up on mine?
            never deleted then from the history maybe?
            http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

maybe its not functioning correctly?
              whatever, dont worry about it
              2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X