Throttle position sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Throttle position sensor

My throttle's been erratic lately, and i've narrowed it down to the TPS. I have a 2000 3.8 firebird. Does anyone happen to know the part number and approximate cost for the TPS? Any help would be appreciated.
    2000 3.8L Firebird, Silver Metallic<br /><br />\"Yes, London. You know, fish, chips, cup o\' tea, bad food, worse weather, Mary f***in\' Poppins, London!!\"

Re: Throttle position sensor

I am not sure if aftermarket places like autozone sell just the sensor but through your dealer, you have to buy an entire throttle body assembly. :(
    Last edited by BLLDOGG; 05-25-2007, 08:33 PM.
    2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Ive had to replace this part before on my car last summer after my cam install. Im not sure what the part number was. However, in order to get the TPS you will have to buy a new TB becasute the TPS is made into the TB. I know the GM TB that I bought brand new was around 800 bucks. Its worked fine ever since though.
      01\'Y87 Firebird:Gt1 cam,Vig.3000 stall
      AR stage 3 heads/intakes to be installed
      www.cardomain.com/id/firehawknwv
      www.vaperz.com
      PEWTER MAFIA/ Kristen's "PEWTER MAFIA KING"

Comment

K, thanks for the help guys. I'll check into that.
        2000 3.8L Firebird, Silver Metallic<br /><br />\"Yes, London. You know, fish, chips, cup o\' tea, bad food, worse weather, Mary f***in\' Poppins, London!!\"

Comment

i bought mine at advanced auto. Payed $50+ for it, fixed my sudden jump to 3K rev problem. Just 2 screws to remove it.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X