Abs inop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abs inop

Hello, so I changed the front bearings on the bird and the ABS inoperative light came on. I made a mistake of not removing negative battery cable. Now do I turn this off. I tried removing both cables from the battery and it didn't work. Would a regular scanner work?

Are the abs wires all secure ?
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

I believe so. I think there's only one that I unplugged.

Comment

I just cycle it turn the key to the on position but don’t start it until the full pump primes then start. If it is still on then you have a sensor out or one of the wires is not secure. You only did one wheel bearing? Usually I’ll do both at the same time.
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

I still have trouble with mine, every other start the ABS light comes on, I’ve done the wheel bearings and the sensor on the rear differential. So I just live with it.

Comment

Just one. I'll double check again this weekend. Thanks Steve.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
              Abs inop
              by 2.8 Bird
              Hello, so I changed the front bearings on the bird and the ABS inoperative light came on. I made a mistake of not removing negative battery cable. Now...
              2 days ago
            • fishin
              Intermittent Headlight Function 97 Firebird
              by fishin
              I usually have to double, triple my headlight switch for them to come up on my 97 Firebird. I cleaned all connections. Could it be the headlight switch...
              3 days ago
            • ssms5411
              Had to be evacuated again due to fire
              by ssms5411
              Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
              4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X