Lug Nut broken

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lug Nut broken

The side wall of one of my locking lug nuts broke off...i went to the local goodyear tire place and they told me they couldn't take it off without ruining my rims. I saw on there that someone suggested using a old socket...but none of mine standard sockets are big enough...does anyone have any suggestions. Thanks
    Attached Files
    Last edited by jtaylormade05; 11-05-2006, 01:34 AM.

Re: Lug Nut broken

At home Depot/Lowes they have sockets called GotrGripz (or something like that). See if they have those big enough, and give it a try.
    ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
    A few things

Only Member of Team Hooker?!?

Comment

how did that happen?:(

Comment

a dealership should be able to remove it for you with no damage. :)
        2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

major catastrophic damage to the wallet :)
          2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

How much would it cost, I'm curious.
            Red 1998 Camaro<br />Mods so far=<br />K&N

Comment

In case you were curious the dealership said that it this service costs $85 to cut the 4 key lug nuts off...but since i only need one cut...they might do it for $42.50. I tried to argue that since they are only doing 1/4 of the work, i should only pay 1/4 of the price...but no luck yet. Also, they cannot promise that they will not damage my rims.

Comment

I would just use a dremel and cut the lug nut off , then hammer the wheel stud out and put a new $2.00 wheel stud in.
                08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X