New to Forum..questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to Forum..questions

I have '99 Firebird Convert, 3.8L, Auto, stock rims. A few questions. Best replacement shocks? What size tire replacements would you recommend? Any suggestions on improving handling stability? Any thing else I should consider?

I'm not looking to make any major changes from stock apperance or performance, just looking to enhance the car's look, handling and stability. It's a weekend car only...in other words pure pleasure.

Thanks in advance.

Re: New to Forum..questions

Shocks: Bilstein's... Expensive, but definately worth the money!

Tires: 245-50-16's are a good upgrade

Improving handling: Lowering the car with new springs, or V8 springs all around. As for swaybars, I've upgraded to 32mm up front, 19mm on the rear.

If you haven't done it already, you should get a better flowing air-intake and a cat-back exhaust. Stock intakes and exhaust's are somewhat restrictive.
    Last edited by hockeyman; 12-22-2006, 06:39 PM.
    sigpic

Comment

Thanks...good suggestions. This is the first Firebird I've had since 1981...'75 Trans Am, 455 cid, 4 speed

Comment

Originally posted by RaiderNick
        '75 Trans Am, 455 cid, 4 speed
        I had a 76 T/A with the same engine and trans and I LOVED that car! That clutch pedal was a b_0tch to push down though! It built up alot of muscles in my left leg.
        sigpic

Comment

I was a junior in High school...did so many burn outs I warped the bell housing!!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
            Good to see the site is back up
            by 2.8 Bird
            So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
            3 days ago
          • FirebirdGT
            New Site Hosting Issues
            by FirebirdGT
            All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
            2 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X