vibration in steering wheel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vibration in steering wheel

hey have been having a vibration in my steering wheel was wondering what it could be. my car has the y87 package so im guessing it has the z28 steering ratio? dunno if thats it. I heard it could be tires/alignment had new tires put on last year on the front and had them aligned but not the rear tires. didnt make a change in it. however new tires + a 4 wheel alignment? IDK, thoughts anyone? Perhaps suspension problem?

Re: vibration in steering wheel

I think vibration has more to do with the wheel balance. I could be wrong.

Comment

First thing I would guess is wheel/tire balancing too. If it shakes through your steering wheel, it's probably coming from the front wheels. If your seats/panels vibrate, it's probably coming from your rear wheels.

There could be a number of other things that is causing the vibration, but the balance would be a decent starting point to start troubleshooting.

BTW, a 4 wheel alignment isn't possible on our cars. The rears cannot be adjusted. Two wheel front alignment is correct.
      Last edited by ArticRider; 09-18-2007, 01:57 AM.
      Yes, I know \"Artic\" should be spelled \"Arctic\". Can any of the mods change this?

Comment

If the vibration is coming when you brake than you need some brake work, because I just got my brakes resurfaced and my steering wheel doesn't shake anymore
        1996 Silver Camaro RS, A4, K&N CAI, Flowtech exhaust, !MAF screen.

http://www.fquick.com/96silverbullet

Comment

If it's shaking when you slow down, especially from highway speeds, you probably need new front rotors. Resurfacing them will help for a while, but metal has a memory and you'll eventually need new rotors. Start saving!

Comment

I had shaking through the steering wheel recently, and it was a bad tie-rod end.

Comment

could be anything in the suspension or balancing. Like they said, braking and shaking = rtors are warped/cracked. If this is the case, don't waste your money on getting them turned/resurfaced. Just save up and get new ones.
              Car expresses who you are. If you have a ****ty car, you must be a ****ty person;)<br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/995979\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/995979</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X