Front Bushings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front Bushings

How hard is it to change out the front control arm bushings in a 95 camaro 3.4 L? Also what parts do I need to buy to do this and how much are the parts?? link please..

Re: Front Bushings

since they need to be replaced why not just upgrade?
    WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

well that is my question. What do I need to buy and where can I get it? Also How difficult is it to replace the whole front end bushings?

Comment

you talking about the a arm?
        WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

I went to NTB and they said I needed to replace my Upper control arm bushings. So I dont know if this is what you are asking but this is what they told me to replace.

Comment

Originally posted by jsviking08
            How hard is it to change out the front control arm bushings in a 95 camaro 3.4 L? Also what parts do I need to buy to do this and how much are the parts?? link please..
            To answer you question more directly...

If memory serves me right you will have to remove the stut/spring assembly and that can be a PITA. You will need a strut compressor tool, but normally you can get that on loan from your local auto store. After the wheels and strut/spring assembly is out you will be free to remove the UCA and replace the bushing.

Diagram

If you can take all that apart and put it back together your good to go. I would say a 6 on a 1-10.

The strut mount will most likely be fused or rusted to the strut, I had to cut the shaft on mine. If it is not you will have to have a specail socket to turn the nut without turning the shaft. You will most likely need the following parts:
            • Strut
            • Strut Mount
            • UCA
            • UCA Bushings

Gmpartsdirect.com is a good place to go.
            Last edited by PewterBird; 11-29-2007, 09:34 PM.
            Cardomain

Comment

Originally posted by PewterBird
              To answer you question more directly...

If memory serves me right you will have to remove the stut/spring assembly and that can be a PITA. You will need a strut compressor tool, but normally you can get that on loan from your local auto store. After the wheels and strut/spring assembly is out you will be free to remove the UCA and replace the bushing.

Diagram

If you can take all that apart and put it back together your good to go. I would say a 6 on a 1-10.

The strut mount will most likely be fused or rusted to the strut, I had to cut the shaft on mine. If it is not you will have to have a specail socket to turn the nut without turning the shaft. You will most likely need the following parts:
              • Strut
              • Strut Mount
              • UCA
              • UCA Bushings

Gmpartsdirect.com is a good place to go.

OUR CARS DO NOT HAVE STRUTS! :mad:

http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread.php?t=75984
              Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com

"Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

I believe front control arm bushings need to be pressed on, but I could be wrong.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X