low profile tires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• low profile tires

I have 18in rims with 245x40s in the front, and 275x35s in the back, are there any tires in these sizes that have a decent treadlife? The only ones i have seen are high performance summer tires, and i am luckey to get 20,000 miles out of them...especialy in the back. Also, do you guys know of anywhere with a camaro friendly lift? The last 2 times i have had work done on it they bent out the sides of the car from the way they jacked it, and apparently dropped it off the jack the second time since i now have a large dent in my floor pan.

Re: low profile tires

Dunno, neither garage I've taken mine to has had any problems.

Comment

Lol they are just stupid then... "camaro friendly"? Any lift will work.. they just set it up wrong apparently and ****ed up.

Comment

Yeah, they jacked it up wrong, tell them they ****ed up and need to pay to repair it. If they won't, try and take it to court if you want. As for tires, I'm not too sure.
        ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
        A few things

Only Member of Team Hooker?!?

Comment

About the camaro friendly jacks...if you have a body kit beware when you take it to a shop. Sometimes you have to add blocks to the arms or carefully pick the feet extensions so that the arms wont crush the gfx.

if your car is lowered then you have to jack up the front and slide the arms under after it is lifted (my lift has barely enough clearance to fit under my stock height)
          1999 Camaro Z/28
          1973 Firebird Formula

Comment

The rail running along the body is reinforced in the front and back at the jack points. A really good shop will use wood blocks regardless and if they have 1/2 a brain they can find a couple of other jack points on the body if your rails are rusted out.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X