how to lower my car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to lower my car

hey i was wondering how to lower my camaro down but idk if you have to cut the coil or not??

Re: how to lower my car

Do not... let me repeat that. Do not cut the coils. That is extremely dangerous. Lowering a Camaro is extremely easy. How far do you want to drop? Mine is 2" with a body kit and I've had no problems at all. Where are you located?

This has everything you will need to know.

FRONT
    http://ls1howto.com/index.php?article=6

REAR
    http://ls1howto.com/index.php?article=8

A WRITE UP ON DOING THE LCA RELOCATION BRACKETS
    http://www.armediaproduction.com/bonemaro/lca.doc

Some say getting the Torx bolts out of the driver's side from under the master cylinder is a pain, but I had no problems at all. Just took the two bolts off, popped it off the outter side and slid it out of the way. Put make sure you don't bend a brake line.

I do recommend that you let a shop mount your springs on the shock assembles. That just made life so much easier for me. The passenger side bolt on the top of the shock seams to be a problem area for rust.

Spray all your bolts with PB Blaster and let it sit over night.
    Last edited by Bonemaro; 08-06-2008, 09:51 PM.

Lounge Moderator

Comment

cuttin ur coils is the worst thing u could do. Will it work...in a way yes. its not safe to do so. U can pick up lowerin springs which arnt that expensive.

87 Firebird RIP
      96 Camaro RS RIP
      94 Patriot Red 1LE Z28 - Sold
      02 WS6 TA - Sold

Comment

Yup. The rear springs are tapered and once cut, do not fit back in right. I have a buddy that cut the springs on his Firebird and rolled it on the highway when he lost a rear spring.

Lounge Moderator

Comment

that seems to be alot of work just to lower the hight

Comment

under $200 and safe
            WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Originally posted by 1999camaro View Post
              sounds like someone doesnt wanna get their hands dirty...comeon if kristen can do it surely you can lol........J/K Kristen :P

Comment

Originally posted by 1999camaro View Post
                Actually, it's not that much work. The total amount of time to do my suspension (in the parking lot of an apartment complex at that), replacing the front springs and shocks, poly end links, 32mm front sway bar with poly bushings, rear springs and shocks, lower control arms, panhard rod, LCA relocation brackets, 17mm sway bar with poly bushings and poly end links... and replacing two power steering hoses while I was under there, took about 7 to 8 hours. Since that was my first time, I could probably do it much faster next time.

I actually had to redo the passenger front spring and shock and it took about 45 minutes.

It really not that bad once you get into it and those instructions I linked are very detailed. Give it a go and have fun.

(pay no mind to the upsidedown sway bar... I just wanted to see if my fellow F-bodiers were paying attention...)

Last edited by Bonemaro; 08-07-2008, 08:35 AM.

Lounge Moderator

Comment

thats way too much work man.

all you gotta do is heat the springs and then get a couple of fat friends to sit in your car.

everybody knows that.

and then when youre done, you can turn your open differential into an lsd using just soda cans.
                  <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2265676\" target=\"_blank\">95 bright red camaro 3.4l</a>

Comment

I was about to :spank: you, but then I realized you were joking.

Lounge Moderator

Comment

haha ofcourse im joking. but the guy who made a soda can posi wasnt. :[

how do you like those agx's?

are they easy to adjust?

have you adjusted them, and do you notice a difference?

have you ever driven around with revalved bilsteins to compare to?

just curious.
                      <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2265676\" target=\"_blank\">95 bright red camaro 3.4l</a>

Comment

Originally posted by notsonic View Post
                        how do you like those agx's?

are they easy to adjust?

have you adjusted them, and do you notice a difference?

have you ever driven around with revalved bilsteins to compare to?

just curious.
                        The AGX's are awesome. The ride control is precise. When I first got them, I had them turned up too high. Upon exiting the highway, my rear end fishtailed out on me. A couple clicks down and now the car's on rails. The front was a tad spongy... click up one-- perfect.

This is actually the first after market shock I've ever used. I do like them though and recommend them to anyone.

Lounge Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by notsonic View Post
                          haha ofcourse im joking. but the guy who made a soda can posi wasnt. :[
                          what? how.............?

Comment

Originally posted by Bonemaro View Post
                            The AGX's are awesome. The ride control is precise. When I first got them, I had them turned up too high. Upon exiting the highway, my rear end fishtailed out on me. A couple clicks down and now the car's on rails. The front was a tad spongy... click up one-- perfect.

This is actually the first after market shock I've ever used. I do like them though and recommend them to anyone.
                            I'm excited to hear this, I'll have a pro-kit and AGXs going on in the next two to three weeks. :banana:

Comment

Originally posted by Disruptore4 View Post
                              I'm excited to hear this, I'll have a pro-kit and AGXs going on in the next two to three weeks. :banana:
                              Let me know how that goes and post pictures.

Lounge Moderator

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X