Tire Suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tire Suggestions

Just wondering what kind of tires are you all running and how did they hold up? I'm about due for a new set and wanted some input before hand. I have kumhos on there right now but they are getting close to bare. Any input would be great.

Re: Tire Suggestions

what type of driving do you do, and in what conditions?

Comment

Normal roads and little to no snow. Some rain and temperatures of about 90-20 degrees Fahrenheit.

Comment

hi,
        i am living in the Netherlands (Europe), and i have bought about a year ago some Cooper ZEON 2XS 245/50/ZR16.
        I am very happy with them, good traction in rain and dry, i don't drive the car in the winter.
        the Cooper Zeon 2XS is a summer tire, if i am right.

Comment

Kuhmos ASX's are good all around tires.
          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

i just got some Kuhmos yesterday. pretty nice feel to them and good price where i went

Comment

I got my car with 235/55/16 Falken Ziex 512's, it was a decent tire but I believe it was replaced with the Ziex 912. I was considering getting Kumho AST's for a while when I was in the market for tires about two months ago, but ended up getting 235/55/16 BFG Traction T/A's and I have no complaints with them so far. I'm not sure what wheels you have, but if you take a 235/55/16, a 245/50/16 will fit too. Personally I've found that tirerack is really helpful when researching tires.

Comment

I'm running Federal SS-595 in 245/50-16's on the rear of my car (front are some foreign sh!t I got for free), and I like them. Cheap ($80 or so each), look good, have really deep tread, good wet & dry traction, and according to reviews, last quite a while. I had Falken Ziex 512's on before and barely got 15K out of them :(. Frankly, I feel these Federal tires are an upgrade compared to the Falkens....Ride smoother, quieter, and should last longer. And they have no problem getting my cam'd car's power to the ground (not saying I can't spin them :P)
                Last edited by RadRacer; 12-30-2008, 01:03 AM.
                ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
                A few things

Only Member of Team Hooker?!?

Comment

Nitto 555's - 275/40/17

I had Falken 512s...sucked balls. No sidewall reinforcments...had tons of edgewear. Only had em for 30K.

On my second set of 555s.

Comment

nito 555 has a pretty decent ride too. Its not a harsh performance tire.

Comment

I have the kumho asx's on my 17's. I haven't driven on them too much, but they are doing very well!
                      2002 SOM Camaro- Sold
                      2006 S60- Sold
                      2000 Cherokee- The desert whip

Comment

bfg traction t/a's are an amazing tire. i'd highly recommend those. and they're relatively cheap, as long as you get them from tirerack. and find someone to mount, balance, and install them for free. my local shop does that.

Comment

Originally posted by Christopherrr View Post
                          Nitto 555's - 275/40/17

I had Falken 512s...sucked balls. No sidewall reinforcments...had tons of edgewear. Only had em for 30K.

On my second set of 555s.
                          How many miles do you get out of your Nittos, and how much do you get them for? I have a set of 555Rs for the track and love them; they even ride abit nicer then my DD tires :P
                          ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
                          A few things

Only Member of Team Hooker?!?

Comment

I have the 245/50/16 kuhmo asx's, best value imho... very good wet traction. pv-camaro... where you at in Holland? I've got some family there in Eerbeek and some I think just outside Arnhem...
                            Rebuilding the engine... Building a custom front end... T-top conversion... Custom rear hatch..
                            Custom interior...

TEAM NoVa

Comment

Another tire brand you might want to check out is General Tire. From I've seen they're a good inexpensive tire. I was checking out the General Exclaim UHP a little while ago too.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....e1=yes&place=4

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X