This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2002 red alert? for my 2001?

The 02 camaros came with the blinking 3rd brake light when you hit the brakes it blinks . can i get this for my 2001?

they did??? thats news to me....anyways, to answer your question, yes you can make it blink, you'll need a flasher relay ~10$ put it in-line with your 3rd brake light and your done...now there are other ways of doing it such as where it flashes 3 times upon hitting your brakes then stays lit, but lets keep this simple.

"Money can't buy me happiness, but I'm happiest when I can buy what I want"
    05' CTS-V
    00' Camaro - SOLD :(

Comment

I doubt they came with it since it is illegal in most if not all states...

Comment

Uhm, what? my 02 has no such thing. An dif it did, it would be the first thing i'd rip out.
        99 WS6
        13.25@104.97 - Lid + soon to be more other stock items ;D

Originally posted by camaroextra
        tears are great lube, but its hard to get a girl to cry onto her own ***.

Comment

Originally posted by shock_core:
          Uhm, what? my 02 has no such thing. An dif it did, it would be the first thing i'd rip out.
          ya, thats what I thought....but ya you can still use my flasher trick if your set on doing it.

05' CTS-V

Comment

my 99 came stock with that, it doesnt do it anymore since i changed my spoiler to an SS spoiler. my old spoiler is just sitting in my room right now if anybody wants to make me an offer on it. [img]smile.gif[/img] mine was the only camaro that did that in town, ive seen other types of vehicles do it, i saw an explorer and a silverado do it, but mine was the only maro. it made mine different from everyone elses and i loved that. but i love my SS spoiler too. lol

come get some
            http://www.canyoumaketheturn.com/

Comment

Originally posted by 1999Spectre:
              my 99 came stock with that, it doesnt do it anymore since i changed my spoiler to an SS spoiler. my old spoiler is just sitting in my room right now if anybody wants to make me an offer on it. [img]smile.gif[/img] mine was the only camaro that did that in town, ive seen other types of vehicles do it, i saw an explorer and a silverado do it, but mine was the only maro. it made mine different from everyone elses and i loved that. but i love my SS spoiler too. lol
              did you buy your car new or used? Ive never heard of that on a stock vehicle before.

05' CTS-V

Comment

i call [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img]

i dont think this was a factory option
                2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

it was on the 02's at the dealership? i was going to get a 2002 SS but decided against it (insurance) it has the light that flashes 3 times and then stayes on. it might have been a dealer thing becouse i have seen 2002's without it. or maby it was just couse it was the 35th aniversery SS but all thier vetts had it?

Comment

i saw one on the street a few days ago and made me think so i posted but probably will not waist time doing a blinking light. just thought with blackouts on the back might be better for the moron trying to keep up with me. (been rearended 2x) New Mexic drivers SUCK "adn then thiers me"

Comment

Originally posted by HokieBird:
                      Some new Cop Cars out here have and its on ambulances and firetrucks? can i give them a sitizans sitation? is it really illegal for it to flash 3 times then stay, on i c it every now and then on other kinds or cars that arent EUROed

Comment

Originally posted by 01PewterDropTop:
                        </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by HokieBird:
                        Some new Cop Cars out here have and its on ambulances and firetrucks? can i give them a sitizans sitation? is it really illegal for it to flash 3 times then stay, on i c it every now and then on other kinds or cars that arent EUROed </font>[/QUOTE]I don't know about you giving them the citation, but maybe somebody should call the grammar police.
                        Black \'94 Trans Am A4- SLP CAI & Loudmouth<br />Red \'93 Firebird A4- Ram Air under the WS6 hood, !cat, exhaust.

Comment

The Nissan/Subaru dealer here puts it on every new and used car they sell along with "paint and fabric protection" and charges like $1500-$2000 for it on the sticker. It's incredibly annoying to be behind a car at a stop that has it. It stops blinking after a minute, but if they release the brake and press it again it flashes more. I'd rip it out if my car had it.
                          <a href=\"http://webpages.charter.net/camarov6/Car%20Pics/New/IMG_0085.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">Black 2002 Camaro M5</a>-SS takeoff muffler, B&M Ripper, K&N Filter, 35/20% tint, Infinity speakers, Viper alarm, perpetually breaking clutch return spring mod. 15.49@90.15<br /><a href=\"http://webpages.charter.net/camarov6/Car%20Pics/P14.JPG\" target=\"_blank\">Pewter 2002 Firebird M5 (Dad\'s Car)</a>

Comment

law enforcement vehicle as well as ambulances are "by law" allowed to have those things and "by law" you cannot have the same things as an smbulance or a law enforcement vehicle due to the fact that you would be impersonating an officer/ambulance/firetruck/etc. so no, you can't issue them a citation moron. people still do it, I for one have a strobe light along with the 3156 bulbs in my brakelight, been there for ~3 years now with no problems even had an officer say it was a good idea, bikes also are notorious for blinking brake lights, illegal in most states, yes...but it can be smart, it will take more circuitry than jsut the simple flasher I told you to use to have them blink 3 times then stay on and I dont know how you'd go about doing that either....and if your that worried about *step 1* REMOVE BLACKOUTS!!!! then if you still feel the need to air on side of caution go ahead and google what your looking for on an electronics site or something, other than that the flasher is all I can offer you.

05' CTS-V

Comment

definitely not a option all 2002's have, i assure you that, though its very possible that dealership may be installing them on certain models.

ill move this to the electronics setion for now.

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
                              Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• FirebirdGT
                                New Site Hosting Issues
                                by FirebirdGT
                                All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                                1 week ago
                              • LETZRIDE
                                New Owner!
                                by LETZRIDE
                                I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                                4 weeks ago
                              • LETZRIDE
                                Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                                by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                                Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                                By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                                Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                                02-07-2020, 11:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X