Anyone else have this problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else have this problem?

I decided to take my black out head light and tail light covers off. I noticed on both tail lights on the outer ends there are sunken in spots. It's like the plastic got too hot sunk in. Anyone else have tail light covers cause this? I guess I'm going to have to buy new tail lights. :mad:
    2000 Camaro 3.8 v6 M5
    Flowmaster 80 series muffler, B&M ripper shifter, SLP grille

Yes, unfortunately that has happened to many F-Bods. It happened to my 97, my friends 96 and now his 97 and even a 2002 in our club. Sadly, about 1 in 4 members in my F-Bod club have that problem.
    - Matt<p>Red 1993 Camaro Z28 M6<p>My <a href=\"http://brightred93z28.fbody.com\" target=\"_blank\">Webpage</a>

Comment

wow, I didn't realize it was that common. I guess I'll leave my covers off now.
      2000 Camaro 3.8 v6 M5

Comment

I called the dealer and they wanted 137.90 a piece for them. I didn't think warranty would cover but i took it in anyway. And well, I have two new tail lights on the way, and I don't pay one dime. :D
        2000 Camaro 3.8 v6 M5

Comment

so this happens to pretty much everyone that puts on rear blackouts?
          hrmm. i was thinking of putting rear blackouts on my car, but now I might just get the Carbon fiber back lights that I have seen before and liked..

correct me if I misinterpreted everything :D

Comment

How long does it take for this to happen? I've had black outs on for almost a year and a half now and my lights are fine.
            95 quasar blue 3800.<br />K&N, blackout tint,<br />Headlight and tailight blackouts<br />300 watt 10\'s <br />$400 polk highs and mids<br />pioneer DEH-P6300 HU<br />chrome 5 star 15\" rims

Comment

Mine had been on for about 1 year. It must be a big problem because when I talked to the dealer i bought my car from he knew what caused it. I told him they were sunk in and he said you had tail light covers on didn't you? He said he has seen it happen before. But the guy over in service department didn't ask if I had tail light covers on and I didn't tell him. He ordered me two new tail lights and said warranty will cover it.
              2000 Camaro 3.8 v6 M5

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X