Custom Interior -FG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Interior -FG

When it comes to the interior of our cars, maro's and birds alike. It seems as if it the factory it came from threw it together in a matter of minutes; of course its no surprise. I've been in the market for interior appearance mods and so forth but really haven't found anything drastic. So I figured up the ante by redoing the interior completely (and I say this lightly) in fiberglass. I've been asked 'why?' by many people and the answer is simple: 1) Why not, 2) Because I can, 3) its rarely been done. My biggest concern is making the interior look smoothe without it being a 'wanna-be' let alone ricey.

The parts that are being remodeled/remolded are:
    Dash Front Faceplate (the place where the hu and heat/ac controls are, Center Console (where the shifter is), Driver & Passengar Air vents (intergrating new types of A/C vents), the mold (the plastic thing) that surrounds the Gauge cluster (intergrating a flush 2-1/16" Gauge mount), molded speaker mounts (the long plastic part of the upper dash in the far front).

So my question for everyone here is, what do you think? I'm open to any ideas/opinions; bad and good alike. [img]graemlins/thumbsdown.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Comment

I agree with you that our interiors are quite plain. I think if you take your time, and put in a lot of work, it will be really awesome, but on the other hand it might turn out like crap if you don't.
      Either way I applaud your bravery to try something like this, we need more f-body guys to just go crazy out there and try lots of different things to determine what works/looks best.
      Good luck man, keep us posted with your progress and maybe some pics too!
      [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
      99 Black Convertible Bird<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/1blackbird\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/1blackbird</a> <p>Whisper lid, K&N, raised airbox, removed MAF screen, American thunder cat-back w/resonator, gatorback belts, mirror tinted windows, tons of Streetglow neon,PAC-OEM1, RFPower550s pushing Polk 12\" GNX-124s, Cobra Esd-9210 laser/radar detector, when i get more bills, i\'ll get some real mods...

Comment

don't stick w/ a black color tho. try a lighter color. I found lighter colors don't get as hot in the sun because they reflect more light than darker colors. I custom painted my a-pillars white, and i feel them, they're barely warm and the rest of my dash is very hot. the gauge pod in the cluster enclosure sounds like something cool. what gauge do u plan on putting there?
        2001 Arctic White Firebird<br />More mods than I\'m allowed to list!

Comment

I'm planning on sticking a digital speedometer in the mount. That way I can see how slow I top out w/ the HPP3 and a sc engine. At the moment I'm looking at the Cyberdyne Digital Speedometer gauge (280-A040E061N) w/ odometer, trip odemeter, highest speed recal, 0-60mph recal, 1/4 mile recal. I'm open to suggestions on manufacture or gauge type... :D

Comment

I think PCFirebird's dash is redone all in fiberglass i'm not sure and i'm too lazy to look for the pics of his interior but im almost positive his entire dash area is done in fiberglass.
            2000 Navy Blue Metallic WS-6<br />Stock for now.

Comment

there's a site that sells the entire dash made from fiberglass. the WHOLE thing. Its for weight reduction, but it might help you out, just because it is a large item to have to do yourself. I know you didnt want to do this in the first place, but it might look wierd with only a little piece redone.

save your molds, if yours turn out good maybe you could pickup a few bucks selling some pieces.

I dont know how comfortable you are with usuing/making fiberglass, but here's some articles thats may help you
              http://www.fbodyaudio.com/articlevie...cle=glass.tech
              http://www.fbodyaudio.com/articlevie...cle=molds.tech

they're for audio equipment specifically, but you should get an idea, or tips.

Comment

well i've started to make my own custom center console with 2 6.5 in subwoofers. it was actually more difficult than i expected. you can see the pics at http://www.cardomain.com/id/shifty i think its turning out ok the carbon fiber center console is on the last page ohh and it not done yet as you can see.
                I pledge aliegence to the flag that sits on the front facia of my camaro and to the Mickey Thompsons that make it stand two tires under torque indivisable

Comment

Good stuff so far...Keep em' coming. The molds I am keeping for future use tho for a few ppl that are interested in the final products.

I've done drafts and finalizations of what everything will look like when its done. I'm looking to get them scanned and up for viewing very soon. :cool:

Eventually, when I'm done with the interior I'm going to be working on a rear fiberglass deck/sub enclosure and cleaning up the engine bay w/ some covers and sh*t.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X