Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aftermarket seat questions

Hello everyone,

I finally finished paying off my little project car, and one thing that needs a major changing are the two front seats. They are ripped and just not really worth keeping. I was looking into some form of aftermarket seats, for that sporty look. My questions are,

What modifications are generally needed to make them work? Will they adapt to the original rail to adjust like the stock ones, or will I have to mount them in place perm?

I have never attempted to remove seats before so I am totally a novice here. Any input, brands, anything really is appreciated.

Thanks for your time

-Silver

Re: Aftermarket seat questions

seats are pretty easy to remove, theres only 4 nuts holding each one down.

as far as aftermarket remember the fact that you get what you pay for. cheap seats never last very long. they wear 10 times faster than stock seats and the color fades super fast.

but, to install them (unless theyre specifically a direct bolt in) youll have to get the mounting kit. generally the manufacturers make one type of mounting pattern on the seat and you just buy the kit that makes them fit your car.
    foggy headlights? wetsand... buff... WAX!!!
    if nissan motorsports is nismo does that mean honda motorsports is homo?

Comment

That sounds easy enough to do, I'm happy about that one.

I was looking to spend around 100-150 a seat, though if I cannot get quality for that price I can always save a bit more.... any recommendations?

Comment

looking for comfort or racing seats?

Comment

Something in between the two would be nice, but if it's one or the other id take racing seats.

Comment

Good luck getting mounting brackets. lol.

I just bought some sport seats about a month ago for 125 a piece. They look and feel phenomenal but they are an absolute ***** to install. In fact, I haven't been able to mount them properly yet. The floor on camaro's are really crazy. I was planning on using the brackets from the stock seats but they are riveted in making them almost impossible to use. Of course i dont want to use the stock bolts anyways because the primary reason for buying new seats was that I needed more leg room.

Let me know what you end up doing to make those work because I'm pretty lost myself.

Comment

I can already see how hard it is, I have been looking since last night and nothing!

It's funny how we have camaro's and cannot find a bracket and yet these little rice box cars have everything..

Comment

CORBEAU!

http://www.corbeau.com/service/bracket_guide/

Comment

ahahaha I'm about to make you very sad.

In order to get ahold of a Corbeau bracket you have to buy their seats. They won't sell just the bracket. So you're looking at 300+ per seat plus the $94 for each bracket. It's ends up costing a ridiculous amount of money.

Best bet is to get some custom brackets welded up.

Comment

summit has some brackets of some sort. but I'm not sure exactly what your looking for

Comment

haha that sucks... sounds like it would be easier to just rip off the fabric, by a new kind you like, and kind of re-upholster it

Comment

a friend of mine got jegs racing seats.

the brackets they sent didnt work at all, so we just took the stock bracket and drilled holes in the new seat and mounted it.

it worked but the seat sits a little too high for me.

i dont think i can ever get aftermarket seats. if someone moves mine the slightest bit i get pissed off. i doubt id be comfortable in an entirely different seat.
                        <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2265676\" target=\"_blank\">95 bright red camaro 3.4l</a>

Comment

well when you're 6' 4 the stock seats get a little cramped. I deleted the rear seats and i have my new seats jerry rigged onto the rear two bolts. I need to find a more permanent solution that wont cost me an arm and a leg

Comment

you drilled holes in the new seats? didn't that ruin the seats? was there metal in the seat to support the bracket?

Comment

Originally posted by Bugsy View Post
                              was there metal in the seat to support the bracket?
                              yes, where do you think the bracket that came with it would've went?
                              <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2265676\" target=\"_blank\">95 bright red camaro 3.4l</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X