Horn/SteeringWheel issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horn/SteeringWheel issues

Lately I have noticed that it takes a lot more pushing (sometimes pounding depending on the drivers around here) to get my horn to sound. Also, if I do not push down exactly on the little horn emblem, the horn just doesnt work (I would think that somewhere in the vicinity of the emblem would be good enough, but I seem to be wrong). Is it difficult to get to the electrical contacts to verify that they are clean and not worn/bent? I really don't want the airbag going off in my face in the middle of the job. I was also wondering where some one might recommend looking for a new steering wheel. Mine has seen much better days and if it's very difficult to fix the horn I may just look for a new wheel.

Re: Horn/SteeringWheel issues

It not that hard to take the steering wheel off, just disconnect the batt. and take the 4 hex screws off the back of the air bag. Take that out and disconnect the yellow wire going into it. You will see your horn wiring setup, and if your car is old like mine was, the plastic pieces for the horn are probably broken from age. I just got a new horn assembly from gmparts direct.com for like $20 shipped. I also put in a newer steering wheel. You will need a steering wheel puller to get yours out. Then putting it in you just need to torque the steering wheel nut down and put in your wiring for the horn. Then connect the airbag up and put it back in with the 4 screws. Connect the battery and your done. I think I paid like $35 shipped for a 02' Camaro steering wheel on Ebay.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
    Working...
    X