Turbo Camaro Just got dyno'd!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turbo Camaro Just got dyno'd!

I went down to ZZP yesterday to get the 97 camaro on a dyno for the first time ever.

For those who dont know, I have a custom turbo setup, Garrett T3 exhaust side and T4 compressor, intercooled built by Scott in Indiana. (Sorry Scott, but I had to)

Port and polished heads with upgraded valvetrain, ported intake, Stage two turbo cam, 3.42s and posi. A lot more actually, but those are the main components.

After tweaking a few numbers, I put down 414hp to the wheels at 16psi using 110 octane. We tried going up to 17-18psi but my crappy hose clamps holding the pipe sleeves together kept blowing off, plus we maxed out the MAF. I left the setup to run at 15psi for street driving since I didnt want to get to lean with a maxed out MAF. @ 15psi put down 403hp. Good day tho!

- Neal
    SLP CAI, RK Sport headers, P&Ped heads and intake, GT2 cam, Upgraded valvetrain, Z28 rear axle with 4.10s Tx Spd tune, Z06 rims, 2.5\" exhaust to flowmaster, 160* thermo, B&M ripper, upgraded ignition, rockford fosgate 12\" with sony xplode amp and HU.

Re: Turbo Camaro Just got dyno'd!

very nice, any pics of the setup or video of the dyno.

Comment

Nice #'s.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

awesome, time for track numbers!

Comment

amazing! Do you have any pictures?
          1998 Chevy Camaro 3.8
          1997 Chevy Camaro Z28 - SOLD 7-23-2011
          1996 Chevy Camaro Z28
          2001 Pontiac Firebird Formula

Comment

Thanks guys! I can get some pics of the car setup and the dyno graph, it may take a bit but I will post them soon. I do not have any pics or videos of the car on the dyno, unfortunately....ZZP def does good work with their dynos.
            SLP CAI, RK Sport headers, P&Ped heads and intake, GT2 cam, Upgraded valvetrain, Z28 rear axle with 4.10s Tx Spd tune, Z06 rims, 2.5\" exhaust to flowmaster, 160* thermo, B&M ripper, upgraded ignition, rockford fosgate 12\" with sony xplode amp and HU.

Comment

Oh man that is awesome!
              3M MAFIA
              ________
              | Dynomax Catback | Auburn Posi | 3:42s | B&M Ripper | DIY CAI | PVC Mod |
              Next on the list: GT2 Cam| 105# Springs |Headwork| Headers |
              sigpic

Comment

That is extremely sweet! I think I had you start it up for me at the M&G back in June. Very, VERY nice ride. Fantastic numbers too! Congrats!

Comment

those are healthy numbers you have a stock block?

Comment

Yes, It is a stock block with stock crank assembly pushing 150,000 miles on it! Stock T5 trans as well.

Steddy - Yea def remember you. You goin to the Dream Cruise this year?

Comment

Better watch that 3rd gear in that M5, maybe sometime I'll get mine going, just need the heads and etc. installed and the methanol hooked up to the TB and a new back so I can install my setup. I just got my final piece for the turbo kit, a 1 way water check valve for the water return hose off the turbo , so water won't back up and be sucked back though the radiator to keep the turbo cooler. These damm AZ temps are crazy so I'm trying to bulletproof the setup for the extreme temps. Very Nice #'s though I hope to come close to those with 10-12LBS of boost.
                      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Hope all works out for your setup. Seems like you have a more stout bottom end then mine has so you should be fine running that level of boost all day long. I do not think you will need the meth at 12lbs tho. Turn that sucker up to 20lbs and spray that meth and se what 500hp feels like!

- Neal

Comment

thats sweet i would like to run a turbo set up soon i just got done building a motor for my car to replace mine with 240000 miles. but i built it for boost. cant wait to get it in

Comment

Originally posted by FuryCharger View Post
                            Hope all works out for your setup. Seems like you have a more stout bottom end then mine has so you should be fine running that level of boost all day long. I do not think you will need the meth at 12lbs tho. Turn that sucker up to 20lbs and spray that meth and se what 500hp feels like!

- Neal
                            In winter maybe but summer, theres no way, just N/A with 160 thermo and manual fan switch and bigger radiator with water and RP Ice in runs 215 degrees, IAT's about 120-140's. So I think with a turbo ,I'll run 160+ IAT's. So I think I'll have the meth at 4-6 PSI starting and the progessive controller can scale it up to max boost, thats the plan anyways. If I ever get it done.LOL

Comment

As long as my baby comes out of the paint shop. There's a new spot MiFbody's going to be at. Think it's more north. I thought that was you. Very nice ride, man. As I was getting done with mine, my bro-in-law tells me "Oh I know a guy with a dual turbo that would hook it up free for the testing". Then again, if I had a nickel for every time I heard "you could've got it cheaper" after the fact, I wouldn't have to worry about cheaper. LOL! I hope to see you out there, our cars should be visible at the new spot. I'll PM you with the details as I get them.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                                Had to be evacuated again due to fire
                                by ssms5411
                                Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
                                1 week ago
                              • RPDRed6
                                For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
                                by RPDRed6
                                Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
                                3 weeks ago
                              • ssms5411
                                No start problem
                                by ssms5411
                                So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
                                4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X