looking at a wrecked f-body, does this look that bad - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

looking at a wrecked f-body, does this look that bad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking at a wrecked f-body, does this look that bad

first off, i think i put this in the right spot but if i didnt im sorry im new and dont know that much yet.but im looking at a 2000 firebird with 48,111 miles from what i can tell it needs a hood a fender a bumper and a quarter panel but i dont know how bad the quarter panel is. it looks bad but me and my dad dont know how bad a quarter panel damage is.i have pics but i dont know how to post them?
    1998 bright red camaro ,M5 ,Y87 ,stock<br /><br />Originally posted by Rune:<br />If it smells like a turd and looks like a turd, chances are its probably not a candy bar.

Upload them somewhere and post links.

Sounnds like my camaro though, Which is costing me around $3200 to fix. I had to get a new core support (which that may or may not need)

But there are alot of internal things that need to be replaced depending on how hard it was hit.
    \'96 A4 Camaro 3800<br />Nothing but... <br />Flowmaster 40 series

Comment

http://www.trevoseauto.com/t01398.htm
      theres the pics it looks pretty bad to me but i dont really know thanks for the help
      -pat
      1998 bright red camaro ,M5 ,Y87 ,stock<br /><br />Originally posted by Rune:<br />If it smells like a turd and looks like a turd, chances are its probably not a candy bar.

Comment

http://www.trevoseauto.com/t01398.htm
        theres the pics it looks pretty bad to me but i dont really know thanks for the help
        -pat

Comment

I'd keep lookin if I were you... That's alot of work if you hadn't done it before. But if you're looking for experience doing bodywork and rebuilding stuff, and you have the money to spend, then by all means, go for it. Just make sure the frame wasn't damaged. It doesn't look like it was hit that hard, but you never know.
          \'97 Camaro 3.8L

Comment

I wouldn't buy it unless you can take it to a body shop have them look it over for frame damage.

For the price it will cost you plus the price to fix it you could probably get one that is in perfect condition.
            \'96 A4 Camaro 3800<br />Nothing but... <br />Flowmaster 40 series

Comment

Notice it has a PA salvage title? Means the insurance company totaled it. (estimated that repairs exceeded 80% of the car value)

Since KBB value is almost $11k I'd say that means there's more extensive damage than is apparent. It would make a great donor car if it was a V8.
              1994 Firebird 3.4<br />15.65 @ 86.8<br /><a href=\"http://www.funkz.net/firebird.htm\" target=\"_blank\">funkz.net/firebird</a><br /><a href=\"http://mywebpages.comcast.net/funkz/timeslips.htm\" target=\"_blank\">Timeslips</a>

Comment

thats bad, needs replacement frt bumper, possible absorber damage, rt headlamp, upper tie bar, rt fender, hood, fender reinforcement, maybe apron, maybe side support, R&I radiator and conderser, evac and recharge AC, fender linder, needs new rt qtr panel, hatch maybe misaligned, bumper needs repair, door needs repair. Blend time needed on hatch, and lt fender. new emblem on door and nose, R&I on both side rockers and rr lamps. Possible frt rt suspension damage. Replace body side mldgs on rt side of vehicle. Wheels possible scratched.
                1999 Pewter Camaro M5<br />Y87 Performance Package, Sport Appearance Package, Diamond Clears<br />Factory SS Hood, Free Ram Air Mod, Whisper Lid w/ K&N Air Filter<br />CarSound Cat 94009, B&B Tri-Flo w/ Quad Tips<br />BMR SFC, BMR STB, KVR Blank Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads<br />Black Painted Calipers w/ CAMARO Decal, 245/50 Dunlop SP Sport 5000<br />20% Rear 35% Side Tint, Red Reflective Inlays, Invincishield<br /><b>Young girls avert their eyes, weak men tremble, Ford dealers faint.</b>

Comment

well the quarter panel would need to be cut off and a new one welded on.but the rest would be easier

Comment

sorry about the double post, my computer frooze and i didnt relize it went two times, sorry im still not used to the site. thanks for the info everybody. im only 14 btw but , yea money is kinda a big issue , my dirtbike got stolen a year and a half ago and thank god i had insurence, so i have $3200 in the bank plus $300 i have at home. ive loved firebirds ever sence my brother had a '96 but i like the 1998+ better and ive been looking for latly sence i have some money , id rather a wrecked one beacause their alot cheaper. sorry for the long post

Comment

HOLY SH*T 14?!?!? Just with that, I would get it because it may take you 2 years to fix it, then you can get your license!
                      2005 Cavalier LS Sport M5<br /> <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/firefighter8615\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/firefighter8615</a>

Comment

if there is no frame damage, and the title isnt totalled, i would pay no more than 2K and fix it [img]smile.gif[/img]
                        2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

the cheapest well running 98+ firebird i have ever found was for 6,000$ and i bought it [img]smile.gif[/img]
                          3500 isnt going to get you far, instead of getting a car, get a job and save up the money over the next 2 years, then you will have enough to get a real nice one.

Comment

thanks guys , yea i think im just going to look around some more. im not in a hurry in anyway i got 2 more years anyway.thanks again everyone

Comment

i found another firebird , i didnt want to make a new tread and have people think im a post whore, so i'll just put it here

http://www.salvagedirect.com/asp/vie...=556390&bhcp=1

its a v8 and a stick so thats good and it doesnt look like its hit too bad. im sorry if im getting annoying. if someone can tell me what to look for in a wrecked f-bod, it would help alot.
                              thanks
                              pat

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                                Had to be evacuated again due to fire
                                by ssms5411
                                Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
                                1 week ago
                              • RPDRed6
                                For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
                                by RPDRed6
                                Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
                                3 weeks ago
                              • ssms5411
                                No start problem
                                by ssms5411
                                So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
                                4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X