3.08 to 3.42

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.08 to 3.42

ive gotten the gears in the mail a new positrac system for my 3.08 camaro with an A4.
    My friend has a 2004 GTI VR6 6 Spd. and his best ever is 15.4 and an avg. of 15.8 will be able to smack him if i stall properly? Ive got slp ram air, k&n, whisper lid, Magnaflow hi flow cat, Jet PCM... with the 3.08s I run 16.02 without stalling it (break and gas at launch).

I also noticed that after getting the mods i listed above i didnt gain too much time.. will they be noticable after i get the gears?
    Mystic Teal Metallic
    ET:15.1 NA 14.3@96 MPH 75 Dry Shot

you will notice the difference between 3.08s and 3.42s, but your computer will flip its ****. you have to somehow tell it (via tuning) that you no longer have a 3.08 rear or else your shift points at WOT will be off.

this will probably be moved to drivetrain.

Comment

what motor do you have? this belongs in the drag racing forum ;) i think you will lose
      2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

you should be able to spank him right now....learn how to powerbrake it on the line, rev it up to about 1500-2000 then release the brake fast, that will quicken your times alot (i guess)
        2000 Navy Blue T-top Camaro A4<br />TSP Rumbler <br />Carsound Hi-flo Cat<br />!MAF screen<br />Whisper lid<br />HPP3

Comment

When you go from 3.08's to 3.42's in an A4 you need to get PCM tuning (Wester's, or HP Tuners) or your car will be slower. I went from 3.08's to 3.42's in my A4 and my PCM just plain didn't like it. It is more than just your shift points being off. The PCM freaks out. Once I got custom PCM tuning everything was great.

I didn't notice any SOTP (seat of the pants) difference but I wouldn't expect any. However, I took .2-.3 off my times in the 1/8 mile.

Assuming you have a 3.8 (rather than the 3.4) you should be running with him right now.
          SLP CAI, K&N, Whisper Lid, 180* thermo, manual fan switch, 3.42 gears, Auburn Pro LSD, Wester\'s PCM Tuning, TSP Rumbler, High Flow Cat. Best Time: 9.909@71.58 (1/8 mile)

Comment

I dont think it is called positrac for our cars (or is it?), i thought that was for the older cars. But you can also have your pcm programmed at the dealer for a car with 3.42's
            <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/483076\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/483076</a> <br />TSP rumbler, straight pipe, corvette servo. <br />Soon - 3.42+lsd,headers, cai,

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
              Good to see the site is back up
              by 2.8 Bird
              So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
              5 hours ago
            • FirebirdGT
              New Site Hosting Issues
              by FirebirdGT
              All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
              1 week ago
            • LETZRIDE
              New Owner!
              by LETZRIDE
              I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
              4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X