Rich Condition, Bank 1 & 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rich Condition, Bank 1 & 2

Not sure if this would be considered 'Advanced' or not....

My car has been getting a good 17 MPG in the city, and about 25 MPG on the highway. My car is not a hopped-up LT1, it's a lightly modded L36. It should be getting much better than this.

So I had a friend scan my PCM today for codes. Here's what he found (not sure of the code numbers):
    MAF
    RICH BANK 1
    RICH BANK 2

MAF is more than likely due to the fact that I've ported/polished the TB/MAF, so a MAFT+ should correct that code. However, how do I correct this 'rich' condition so my engine isn't drinking fuel like I've got it at WOT? Oxygen sensors gone bad? Side effect of a ported/polished TB?

Any ideas?
    \'97 Camaro: GN Turbo w/intercooler, 3.42s w/ Auburn HD posi, Bulletproof 4L60E-HD, stage II shift kit, Vette servo, MSD Ign, K&N, Ported TB/MAF, 3\" FlowMaster, 160* thermo, HPTuners v1.6

I've ported'n polished my TB, and no codes as of yet. My car actually runs really nice. The MPG's are about 18 city and 27 highway. It's been like that ever since I've had it though.
    sigpic

Comment

bad maf sensor

which causes rich condition

replace maf sensor

Comment

Originally posted by ka50:
        replace maf sensor
        So in other words, get out my wallet, bend over the table, and prepare to be violated by GM's money-grubbing minions.
        \'97 Camaro: GN Turbo w/intercooler, 3.42s w/ Auburn HD posi, Bulletproof 4L60E-HD, stage II shift kit, Vette servo, MSD Ign, K&N, Ported TB/MAF, 3\" FlowMaster, 160* thermo, HPTuners v1.6

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
          Good to see the site is back up
          by 2.8 Bird
          So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
          5 hours ago
        • FirebirdGT
          New Site Hosting Issues
          by FirebirdGT
          All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
          1 week ago
        • LETZRIDE
          New Owner!
          by LETZRIDE
          I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
          4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X