I need someone to go look at there car for me - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I need someone to go look at there car for me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need someone to go look at there car for me

I need someone to go look at there car. I think only a 96-97 car will work. what i need to know is where a vaccum line hooks up on the emissions purge valve. this is located at the back of the engine over the passenger side valve cover. there are 3 lines one plugs into the back of it and runs around the back of the engine to the fuel lines and then to the canister in the back of the car. the one that connects to the front of the valve connects to the sensor that sits right behind the altenator. the line i need to know about comes out the side. My car only has a little rubber elbow. and i'm getting a error code that says evap system no flow under purge.

Last week i finally found out the line in the back of the sensor wasn't hooked up which gave me a evap system no flow.

hey at least now it's only under purge

thanks for your help... besides this gives you an excuse to go admire your engine...
    <b>Black 1996 Firebird</b><br /><b>Newest Edition: Harlan Window Switch</b><br />Nitrous Express Kit,ASCD big block hood, SLP Loudmouth, CATCO hi-flow cat, CAI, -Maf, LSD, Flameball Shifter<br /><b>Best N/A 1/4 in</b> 15.216 @ 89.82 <b>Best N2O 1/4 in</b> 14.352 @ 97.46 &lt;--w/clutch slippage<br /><a href=\"http://www.geocities.com/motorhead69/\" target=\"_blank\">My homepage</a><br /><b>AIM:</b>MotorHead75068 <b>YIM:</b>MotorHead69

please
    <b>Black 1996 Firebird</b><br /><b>Newest Edition: Harlan Window Switch</b><br />Nitrous Express Kit,ASCD big block hood, SLP Loudmouth, CATCO hi-flow cat, CAI, -Maf, LSD, Flameball Shifter<br /><b>Best N/A 1/4 in</b> 15.216 @ 89.82 <b>Best N2O 1/4 in</b> 14.352 @ 97.46 &lt;--w/clutch slippage<br /><a href=\"http://www.geocities.com/motorhead69/\" target=\"_blank\">My homepage</a><br /><b>AIM:</b>MotorHead75068 <b>YIM:</b>MotorHead69

Comment

There should be a diagram on the cowl that shows the routing and relative locations of all evap control vacuum lines. You might be able to figure out where it goes by looking at the diagram.

I'll go look at my son's 96 later and post, but he only has a 3800, so it might be a little different.
      ...it\'s lonely out in space...

Comment

No luck looking at the 3800. The valve only has two vacuum lines (both hooked up as described in your post) and an electrical connector.
        ...it\'s lonely out in space...

Comment

Yeah that little rubber elbow is how it is supposed to look. Nothing is missing trust me. This post has come up several times before. Two lines attached to the solenoid and a rubber elbow that goes nowhere.
          Jared W. Drummond<br />jdrummon@vt.edu<br />1997 3.8 Firebird M5<br />-----------------------------------<br />*Flowmaster 80 Series Muffler* *SLP Cold Air Intake* *Zexel-Torsen LSD* *1-Piece DS* *Eibach Pro-Kit* *Removed MAF Screen* *Manual Fan Switch* *Mobil 1 Oils*<br />-----------------------------------<br />*Pioneer Premier DEH-920R Headunit* *Orion Cobalt 6 1/2\'s* *Sub Stealth Box w/ Alpine SWR-1021D* *Kenwood 728S Amp for Sub*

Comment

hey thanks guys... guess my problem lies elsewhere

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X