Turn signal acting REALLY WEIRD..HELP!!! - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Turn signal acting REALLY WEIRD..HELP!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turn signal acting REALLY WEIRD..HELP!!!

ok weird thing...go to sit in my 93 camaro..

Turn the lights on...my right turn signal is SOLID. I get out to look..and nothing no signals.
    then i press the right turn signal, light goes out, the the signal on the outside stays solid.

But it doesnt flash...wtf is going on? need help ASAP.

A bulb blew out. I would just spend the extra $ and replace all your rear tailight bulbs.
    Marc
    sigpic

Comment

Most blinker units are bimetal relays that automatically make contact intermittently through heat. The heat is caused by resistance from the bulbs. Reduce the resistance and the element doesn't get hot enough to jump from one pole to the other.

So like he said, there's a blown bulb somewhere... or the unit itself could be bad.

-Brian
      Maroon 1995 Camaro<br />No mods yet...<br />Lucky to have found this site!

Comment

oh ok...so i floored it in 2nd, when it downshifted the light went to normal and my blinker works.

uhm ok...whatever [img]smile.gif[/img] its fixed [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I have a similar problem, my left blinkers would work and my right would not, then neither would work and the lights would come on and stay on, no blink. I did not have a bulb issue so I replaced the blinker relay with a new one and it worked for a while then did the same thing...I replaced that with a heavy duty one and now the relay lasts 2-3 years and then does the same thing...since the relay is only a couple of buck, i'll live witht he problem rather than try and chase it.
          Joel<br />God is my copilot, but Satan has his foot on the gas!<br />94 3.4L AutoCamaroRagtop w/MSD ignition,Accelcoilpacks,K&N FIPK,BMR SFC&STB,3\"Catco w/3\"catbackSS muffler,JetStage 2,HomemadePIAAheadlightconversion <a href=\"http://www.geocities.com/cardiac1968\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.geocities.com/cardiac1968</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X