Problems and fuel filter info............. - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problems and fuel filter info.............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems and fuel filter info.............

I am having some problems with my cars ability to idle and accelerate, and before i go and change the spark plugs/wires, i am going to change the fuel filter. Right now i am at work and was wondering where the location of the filter is. Also, these problems seem to be inconsistent, it will be fine for a couple of weeks, and then the problem will comeback all of a sudden. Right now it seems to be the worst yet. It feels like a miss, but wouldnt that be more consistent? You can really feel it when you try to accelerate hard, not so much when you are easy on the throttle. What is up? Thanks for any replies
    1998 Firebird Y87<br />3.42 LSD<br />Ram air hood and induction<br />Bright red ext,Charcoal leather int

Do s search on the fuel filter thing, its been disussed many times. I think the best investment in the world is a Haynes repair manual. Pick one up at your nearest auto parts store. It will tell you where things are, and how to change/repair them.

The fuel filter is under the car on the drivers side right before the rear wheel. Not too much room to work with down there.
    ~Derrick <a href=\"http://www.appstate.edu/~do54457/\" target=\"_blank\"><i>My Webpage</i></a><br /><b>\'96 3.8L V6 M5 Firebird Y87</b> | <b>162.8 RWHP</b> / <b>196.7 RWTQ</b> <br /><b>•</b> SLP CAI <b>•</b> <a href=\"http://tech.firebirdv6.com/y87.html\" target=\"_blank\"><b>Y87</b> Package</a> - 3.23s <b>•</b> 180º thermo w/ fan switch <b>•</b> TB spacer from DEE<br />1991 Jeep Cherokee Laredo 4x4

Comment

I actually replaced my fuel filter this weekend, it's pretty simple. All you do is jack up the back drivers side wheel. Jack is up in a spot where you'll have room to work on the filter. The back fitting is pretty easy to get off and the other just use plyers unless you happen to have metric open end wrenches which I do not. Just disconnect the rear fitting and let it drain for a while in a catch pan. Then unscrew the other one, again let it drain in a catch pan and then replace it with a new one, so easy even I could do it.
      1997 Nassau Blue Vette<br />1989 Jeep Cherokee 4x4 (lifted with 31\" tires)<br />2000 V6 Camaro, loud, cammed 210rwhp *SOLD*

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X