Fuel Gauge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Gauge

My 94 V-6 Camaro has a wierd problem. I know I should be able to take it to E. And sometimes I have gotten it very close. But the other day it was barely below 1/4 tank and it was hesitating and I barely made it into a gas station. Is this normal or Is there a problem with the gauge or sending unit?
    My Car: 1994 Camaro 3.4 V6 5-Speed<p><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/speedyman_2\" target=\"_blank\">My Car</a>

My gauge does the opposite. I can even fill my tank up until the gauge reads 1/4 tank past full, and that's while using the automatic shut off at the pump. I can also run the gauge a hair passed E. :rolleyes: The bottumless fuel tank. [img]smile.gif[/img]

You might want to get you car checked out or just use the gauge as a guesstimation tool. I have yet to run out of gas so I'm not sure what these cars do.
    1994 Chevrolet Camaro 3.4L A4 (160hp 200tq)<br />2006 Nissan 350Z 3.5L M6 (300hp 260tq)

Comment

Mine works the same as Harry's, goes way past full and solid to empty. Gotta be careful around E though, the gage tends to move a little quicker because fuel tank's shape, except I did run out of gas, in my own driveway. At least I know where the panic point is now. ;)
      1997 Camaro RS, 3800II, Y87, A4, Red, 30th Anniversary, 145k, SLP CAI, Taylor Spiro Pro 8mm wires...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
        Had to be evacuated again due to fire
        by ssms5411
        Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
        1 week ago
      • RPDRed6
        For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
        by RPDRed6
        Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
        3 weeks ago
      • ssms5411
        No start problem
        by ssms5411
        So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
        4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X