EGR vaule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EGR vaule

Alright my car was running fine and then last night on my way home the service engine light came on so today i took it to auto zone and they told me that my EGR vaule is bad. What causes these things to go bad and how long will it last untill i replace this one?
    Thanks

probobly carbon buildup and the valve got stuck either open or closed..

and yea... lots of money

but your in florida... and there are no emissions so just order yourself a blockoff plate.. im prolly gonna take off my whole egr system since we have no emissions here. ill see how that goes i guess

[ September 22, 2003: Message edited by: Tyler ]</p>
    96 Camaro M5. Dark metallic gree (?dont know the offical color name)<br />Home made Intake :: Headers, 3inch headers back to Flowmaster muffler :: spec stage 3 clutch Now installed, waiting for 3.42\'s and LSD next month<br /><a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/RiceEatingCamaro/?action=view&current=newcar.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">My Car</a> <br /><br />Totalled Car.<br /><a href=\"http://bellsouthpwp.net/s/k/sk8er305/\" target=\"_blank\">96 CamaroRS</a>

Comment

I had the same problem, my EGR valves were all completely clogged. Luckily, my mechanic was able to get everything cleaned out, and I didnt have to replace the whole thing. If you do have to replace it though, I can tell you that around here they cost arond $259 from O'Reillys. It might be cheaper just to order the stuff to block it off.

Comment

Only $96 for a new EGR valve. 17113642 (95-99) from GM Parts Direct. Not cheap, but not that bad.

[ September 22, 2003: Message edited by: 98Camaro3.8 ]</p>
        Matt
        1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
        Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
          Had to be evacuated again due to fire
          by ssms5411
          Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
          1 week ago
        • RPDRed6
          For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
          by RPDRed6
          Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
          3 weeks ago
        • ssms5411
          No start problem
          by ssms5411
          So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
          4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X