Won't Idle correctly....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Won't Idle correctly....

i got my car running again, i replaced the IAC and it started working, but now after it is running and i hit the gas, the idle goes up and stays there, and even sometimes goes even higher, what could i check??? I already disconnected the Negative battery cable after i installed the other IAC

IAC?
    www.turbov6camaro.com
    1997 3800 Series II Camaro
    4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
    7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
    11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

idle air control valve

Comment

maybe your throttle is sticking?
        www.turbov6camaro.com

Comment

i thought about that, and yes it is possible but i cant see where it would be sticking

Comment

I've been having trouble correcting my idle all today and I just went to take off the throttle body to change the idle speed and coolant leaked out....what is going on???

Comment

Originally posted by 98_birdman:
              I've been having trouble correcting my idle all today and I just went to take off the throttle body to change the idle speed and coolant leaked out....what is going on???
              it fine there is a coolten thing in the tb to warm it up in cold weather
              www.turbov6camaro.com

Comment

TPS (throttle posistion sensor), the smaller sensor on your throttle body.
                -1999 Camaro Coupe 3800 Series II V6 A4 - SOLD<br />-1998 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP coupe

Comment

Originally posted by Fredless:
                  TPS (throttle posistion sensor), the smaller sensor on your throttle body.
                  i was just thinkg that, it could be TPS, MAF, MAP, all kinds of stuff you need to have the car scaned
                  www.turbov6camaro.com

Comment

Just try the TPs sensor, and make sure you installed the IAC correctly. Good luck. ;)
                    Jordan<br />15.09@90.7<br /><a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums/vbgarage.php?do=view&id=21\" target=\"_blank\"><b>1995 Camaro 3.4 M5</b></a>

Comment

Yea I would make sure you installed that IAC valve correctly. If you have to just to be safe, take it out and clean the IAC bore with some carb cleaner and a pipe brush to remove gunk. I took my whole TB off and cleaned it. There was all kinds of crud from the PCV system so i soaked the whole thing in gas and took a toothbrush and cleaned it all out and did great afterwards.
                      1995 Arctic White Camaro. 3.4L/A4<br /><br />\"Stupid men make mistakes, wise men learn from mistakes\"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X