What is going on here. . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is going on here. . .

My car runs good, and the engine feels plenty strong, but when i am stopped(like at a stoplight), my engine seems to run a little rough. I feel a very small vibration through the car, it is just enough to sense. I know there is no misfire, codes, or SES light. It almost feels to me like the engine is idling erratic, but the rpm needle stays perfectly still. I just took notice to this about 2 months ago. Could the cold weather have something to do with this? What about the timing? Or could the new plugs and wires be faulty?
    2000 Monterey Maroon Chevrolet Camaro<br />3.8L V-6/4spd Auto

a new PCV valve would better your idle

Comment

I replaced the PCV valve over this past summer. Since then i have put about 10K miles on the car. Do you really think it should be replaced already?

Comment

have you taken your MAF screen out? because my car doesnt idle too steady and a little rough since i did. I also recently replaced my PCV valve, and it didnt help any. Im just kinda used to it now and it doesnt really bother me anyways. Check your plugs and wires if you havnt taken the screen out though...those can cause a rough idle if its been a while since you have gotten a tune up or if one of your wires are bad.
        2000 Navy Blue T-top Camaro A4<br />TSP Rumbler <br />Carsound Hi-flo Cat<br />!MAF screen<br />Whisper lid<br />HPP3

Comment

i have to same exact problem. to the T. i did everything to get rid of that rough bizness. nothin has cured it. i realized that after driving a long while like 30-60 mins. it doesnt happen but mainly of short drives and stop lights. it worries me a little cuz i want the same thing you do, a smooth as silk idle. but i dont think we can have it. unless i take it apart and clean the **** out but no way Am i doing that. good luck to you.
          Heady Navy Blue Metalic<br />Heady Catback Flowmasters<br />Heady Bilstien HDs, PAnhard rod, LCAs,SFCs<br />NGK\'s and MSD Wires, K&N flowin + Smooth Bellow<br />Y87 3800 GT Performance.<br />I love the way this car makes turns!<br /><br />1989 black Camoaro RS. R.I.P.

Comment

Originally posted by chadder:
            have you taken your MAF screen out? because my car doesnt idle too steady and a little rough since i did. I also recently replaced my PCV valve, and it didnt help any. Im just kinda used to it now and it doesnt really bother me anyways. Check your plugs and wires if you havnt taken the screen out though...those can cause a rough idle if its been a while since you have gotten a tune up or if one of your wires are bad.
            I have not messed with the MAF sensor at all and i just replaced my plugs and wires not too long ago. I am real big on maintenance, i follow the recommended intervals very closely. I change my oil and filter every 2 months. Fuel filter, air filter, PCV valve, differential fluid, automatic transmission fluid... all get replaced once a year. Now keep in mind, i do put about a good 15K miles on a year. I bought the car 2 years ago with only 19K on the clock, and now i have just under 50K. It is mostly all highway driving though. Very little stop-and-go city driving.

Comment

Originally posted by HeadyFirebird'00:
              i have to same exact problem. to the T. i did everything to get rid of that rough bizness. nothin has cured it. i realized that after driving a long while like 30-60 mins. it doesnt happen but mainly of short drives and stop lights. it worries me a little cuz i want the same thing you do, a smooth as silk idle. but i dont think we can have it. unless i take it apart and clean the **** out but no way Am i doing that. good luck to you.
              Thanks, i feel a little better now knowing that i am not the only person with this problem.

Comment

Originally posted by CamaroKRAZED:
                My car runs good, and the engine feels plenty strong, but when i am stopped(like at a stoplight), my engine seems to run a little rough. I feel a very small vibration through the car, it is just enough to sense. I know there is no misfire, codes, or SES light. It almost feels to me like the engine is idling erratic, but the rpm needle stays perfectly still. I just took notice to this about 2 months ago. Could the cold weather have something to do with this? What about the timing? Or could the new plugs and wires be faulty?
                could be a stuck egr valve, thats what happened with mine.
                I guess I\'d have answer your question with another question.<br /><br />How many Abidiginals do you see in modeling??????<br /><br />headers, 3inch magnaflow cat, Loudmouth<br />99 Midnight Blue Firebird<br />3.8L A4

Comment

But don't EGR Valve's send SES codes? Mine did...
                  1997 Camaro RS W/T-Tops<br />All Stock / 200 HP

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X