SES...P0306....CHANGED PLUG AND CAR STILL STUDDERS - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SES...P0306....CHANGED PLUG AND CAR STILL STUDDERS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SES...P0306....CHANGED PLUG AND CAR STILL STUDDERS

Ok...I've searched and searched but no good results. A few weeks ago my car started to studder although subtle but still it did. Later it started happening more and more. So i changed the plug on Cyl. 6, and it got WORSE. The car sputtered A LOT on initial accerlation and "popped" (knocked?) when the more pressure was applied to the accelerator, the car is very hard to drive considering it feels like a giant vibrator. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Ill try to change a new plug agian tommarow to see if it works then I am just going to buy a new set of wires.
    (Also I just insalled plug with some dielectric grease...is there any other thing you have to do?)

Also the SES light keeps blinking every other minute!!

97 3.8 only 48k miles
    auto tranny...any other info you need to help just ask...I need this car to run, many things depend on it!!!!!
    97 Camaro 3.8(of course)<br />MoDs:K&N Filter, Flowmaster(muffler only)<br />SLP CAI<br />Z06 Motorsport Rims(Ventus 255-40/R17)

Wires wires wires wires wires... Our motors just love burning up wires.. You should see how mine are rigged so they dont fry. I went through about 3 sets in under 2 weeks before I got it right.
    94 Firebird 3.4 - RIP<br />97 Firebird 3.8 - In the works

Comment

And also, just for future reference, a flashing SES means missfire.

Comment

I'm guessing SES code P0306 is for cylinder #6? How long has it been since you changed the spark plug wires? Our cars are notorious for burning wires. If you change the wires and that doesn't help then you could have a bad coil. We have 3 coils, 2 cylinders on each coil. So could be that too.

Comment

I was thinking of wire but i read somewhere else that they were designed to last quite a while beucase of GM standerds of gas milage and stuff...i hope it is wires not something big
          97 Camaro 3.8(of course)<br />MoDs:K&N Filter, Flowmaster(muffler only)<br />SLP CAI<br />Z06 Motorsport Rims(Ventus 255-40/R17)

Comment

Yeah the wires will last forever... untill they touch or get near that exhaust manifold, then they fry open and arch everywhere causing the missfire.

Comment

When you say "fry open" is it clearly visible or just internal meltdown/breakdown of the wire?

Thanks alot for advice i mean really Thank you.

Comment

Most of the time it will be visible, but sometimes only slightly visible. Just take em off and run your hands down them and look all around them. You'll probably see what looks like a bite taken out of them.

Comment

Could there be Any other possiblities of causing the missfire besides the Plug, Wire or coilpacks(please enlighten on what those are) if you know.

Comment

Ehh, well yes I suppose. But those you mentioned are the only likely ones. I have my money on wires. And if it's not them it's a coil.

Comment

Dosn't you stock wires have some plastic covering?? Im pretty sure they should protect it from overheating and frying.

Comment

Yeah mine had that plastic covering on it too. But it melted right through em.

Comment

Thanks so much, Im going to bed now and will buy some wires tommarow, any thoughts on which one to get?

Comment

Well if you want performance wires, can't go wrong with 8.5 MSD's. But if you dont really care, just go to autoparts and get what they have.

Comment

Also regarding plug wire...with engine running, lift hood and visualy look for sparking/translucency (electrical flashing in wire) while it is dark out. In other words, the darker it is, the easier it is to see the wires arking. any blue runbing through the plug wire is bad.
                              01 Firebird A4 3.42
                              Powerdyne @ 6 PSI
                              and other mods
                              Visit Project Unleashed for guides and info.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X