Can someone with a 3.8 do me a favor? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can someone with a 3.8 do me a favor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone with a 3.8 do me a favor?

http://www.lonestarthunder.com/DSC01900.JPG
    I installed my power steering pump and the belt rubs, oculd you go look and tell me what yours looks like maybe even take a pic if you can? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Wish I could help you out...... but.... I don't have power steering :(
    Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
    nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
    2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
    2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

someone looked for me and told me he has about half an inch. I just dont see how this can happen. I didnt notice it before, and the pumps looked the same. Its only held on by 2 studs, no way to mess up there either. I have no clue how this is happening.

Comment

On my car, the hose doesn't go that far onto that connector. If the hose were to be pushed all the way on, it would probably rub on the belt. The part that your hose connects to doesn't look like mine. Mine sticks out farther forward.
        Matt
        1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
        Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

Ok they are different. This is really pissing me off.

Comment

Thanks, I pulled them off and am going give autozone an earfull tom.

Comment

Originally posted by 12secondv6:
              Wish I could help you out...... but.... I don't have power steering :(
              [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] the lengths you go to [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]
              2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

my hose is on there pretty good liek the pic, but still sits about 1/4" lower than the belt. Have you tried musceling the metal hose down just ever so slightly?
                1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
                2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
                94 comero 3.4

Comment

i know exactly what you're talking about, my pump is the same way. i looked at the old pump when i replaced it and found this problem, and i couldnt tell that they were different. i bought it off ebay though, so i cant take it back. it might rub just barely, but i've been using that pump for 6 months now.
                  <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/483076\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/483076</a> <br />TSP rumbler, straight pipe, corvette servo. <br />Soon - 3.42+lsd,headers, cai,

Comment

Why not just take the pump out and bend that metal fitting a bit with a rubber mallet and be done with it?
                    -1999 Camaro Coupe 3800 Series II V6 A4 - SOLD<br />-1998 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP coupe

Comment

i would think it would be hard to bend that without breaking it.
                      <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/483076\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/483076</a> <br />TSP rumbler, straight pipe, corvette servo. <br />Soon - 3.42+lsd,headers, cai,

Comment

ITs a pretty tough pipe, I didnt want to mess it up. Do you think its autozones pumps or just that one was a dud.

[ March 07, 2005, 02:57 AM: Message edited by: 2KThunder ]

Comment

if it's an AZ pump, then it should have a warranty on it. Try bending it down just a little (I cain say this because it isn't my car ;) ) or maybe even go to AZ & ask to see other pumps.
                          1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
                          2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
                          94 comero 3.4

Comment

Yeah I returned it, but they had to order it in from another store so chances are if I go get another one from a dif autozone its just going to be the same exact pump again :/

I put the old one back in and it whines like a beast.

Comment

Thats why I suggested a rubber mallet...it won't ding it up to void warranty and it will bend it down easier than a hammer would.
                              -1999 Camaro Coupe 3800 Series II V6 A4 - SOLD<br />-1998 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP coupe

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
                                Good to see the site is back up
                                by 2.8 Bird
                                So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
                                4 hours ago
                              • FirebirdGT
                                New Site Hosting Issues
                                by FirebirdGT
                                All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                                1 week ago
                              • LETZRIDE
                                New Owner!
                                by LETZRIDE
                                I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                                4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X