MaxLife Oil...is it that good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MaxLife Oil...is it that good?

Ok, I have a 94 Camaro with 110K and I was leaking a good amout of oil out the rear main seal....2-3 good size drops under the car. I started using the ML oil and after 4-5 oil changes the leak is almost nonexistent.....but does it get better. My wife's honda has been leaking and burning a little oil. The leak is still there...it is around the oil pump and needs a new seal....but the blue smoke is gone (happened if the car idled for a while ie redlight and then you gave it gas)....now I used to put in 3 quarts b/w oil changes, now I have only changed the oil twice on her car, but I am only putting in two quarts....

Who else is using this high mileage oil? Any positive results....now there is another side. i used to use synthetics that are very thin and tend to "seak out" leaks.....is it the thicker oil or are the seals actually getting treated as the product claims?
    Joel<br />God is my copilot, but Satan has his foot on the gas!<br />94 3.4L AutoCamaroRagtop w/MSD ignition,Accelcoilpacks,K&N FIPK,BMR SFC&STB,3\"Catco w/3\"catbackSS muffler,JetStage 2,HomemadePIAAheadlightconversion <a href=\"http://www.geocities.com/cardiac1968\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.geocities.com/cardiac1968</a>

I've been using it in my Camaro for about a month now and it seems to be doing fine. In my car, there isn't that much of a difference...I think I'm seeing a few extra miles per full tank but that could also be because I fixed my EGR problem. I do know that it does start a lot easier and since my mom changed her oil in her 1994 saturn, she isn't burning as much oil as she used to.

It's pretty cheap...I'm sure its worth it with the extra stuff they put in it. I know I'll pick this stuff over the expensive Mobil 1 anyday!

Comment

absolute waste of money, just like fuel injector cleaners. I know, I've worked for advance auto for about 3 yrs now (unfortunately)
      Check out my car @ <a href=\"http://www.grodzmotorsports.com:8080/camaro2.html\" target=\"_blank\">www.grodzmotorsports.com:8080/camaro2.html</a> <br /><br />It\'s not what you make, it\'s what you spend! <br /><br />1994 Chevy Camaro 3.4, m5, t-tops, silver exterior, gray interior.<br /><br />Many modz! check out the site for details!

Comment

http://theoildrop.server101.com/cgi/ultimatebb.cgi

I use and recommend Maxlife. For 3,000 mile oil change intervals its some of the best oil made IMO. I have had great success with it in comparison to the M1 I was running. My valve knock when cold went away, and the durability of the oil is pretty incredible (doesn't drink a drop). I am running this in my NEW 2002 Camaro, and like most valvoline products I am having great success with it. I liked it so much I went ahead and purchased a case last week.

Unlike Durablend it actually is nearly 100% synthetic (hydrocracked base-III with some PAO) and has more FM additives (Friction Modifying) than most other oils because it is a "high mileage" oil.

I like it. I use it. I recommend it.

Oh yeah, the company "Valvoline" turned 136yrs old Sept 6 [img]smile.gif[/img]

(As far as it being something you should use after 75,000 miles thats just marketing gizz... Its a good oil, just like a few other oils, and can be run in anything new or old without worry.)

If you're interested in why I switched to Maxlife from M1 email me...

[ September 09, 2002: Message edited by: Dominic ]</p>
        2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
        Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

MaxLife oil is very good, no harm at all in using it. I have seen a few studies on it and all looked very good.

Viper
          98 Z28 (A4) TC 3.42 Rear,ASCD SS Hood,Wings West SS Rear Spoiler,Mac Headers and Off Road Pipe,ST 3500 Stall,Ported TBody,Free Ram Air Mod,FTRA Kit,Carbon Fiber Lid ,Holley Powershot Filter,Hooker Cat Back,Hotchkis St. Tower Brace,BMR Panhard Rod,BMR Rear Control Arms<p>Waiting on Install: TransGo Shift Kit,LS6 Intake,ASP Crank and Alt.,Underdrive Pullies,NOS 5177 KIT,New Set of Heads awaiting Porting, Custom Fuel Rail Covers

Comment

I had a mini leak of oil on my car I switched to Maxlife, haven't noticed as much oil underneath the car, I think its pretty decent. I also started suing Lucas oil stabi8lizer to, so that might have affected it to.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X