ABS INOP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ABS INOP

and ways to make a long story short the ABS INOP light came on not blinking ..... i heard all kinds of fawkin noise comming from my passenger front tire i know i need brakes and rotors but anyone has any idea wtf that noise was ..... it was kinda like a grinding noise but only when i let off the gas or downshifted .... when i was like shifting through gears it didnt make the noise

ABS inop means hardware failure 8/10 times. Also, your post makes my head hurt.
    <b>99 Pewter Metallic Camaro</b><br />SLP Ultra-Z Hood, Shaved Antenna, !mouldings, Chrome Halos, Filled Factory Grill, Y2K 18 R 19 F, SLP Whisper Lid, (functional w/ Hood), FlowMaster American Thunder C.B, QA1 Coilovers, Kuhmo Tires.

Comment

could also be a simple fix as the third brake light burnt out and you have ANOTHER problem with the brakes. You probably can't hear the noise while accelerating because of engine noise. When you said you need new "brakes and rotors" didn't you mean brake (pads).....brake pads have this little piece of metal attatched to them that makes an unGodly noise when it's time to replace them. That pretty much makes them idiot proof if they need replaced. If you have a shuddering feeling while braking, the rotors are warped. Get them turned or replaced and quit panic braking from high speeds....
      Nitrous is like a hot chick with an STD....you wanna hit it, but you\'re affraid of the consequences...<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=244935\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=244935</a>

Comment

Check your alternator diodes by benchtesting it at Advance Auto. I had an ABS INOP light too and replaced the aging alternator assembly. Problem fixed.
        Black \'96 RS Camaro, 3.8 V6 Series II, M5, Stock 200 HP, 204K miles! Stock \'91 Firebird 3.1 V6 automatic w/ overdrive. 266,400 miles on it. \'83 Pontiac Trans Am,305 LG4, Cowl Induction,Borg Warner 5 Speed,T-Tops,Gale Banks Exhaust System:$800 obo

Comment

Originally posted by kahouna23:
          could also be a simple fix as the third brake light burnt out
          My Z does that.. it scares the **** out of me.
          1995 Patriot Red T-Topped Z28 A4<br /><br />Mystery rebuild in progress.<br /><br />Soon to have 383 ways to beat KBreezy and Shane. :D

Comment

just fyi, if your ABS INOP light comes on, yes you probably need to fix something. your brakes will still function, just not with the help of abs.
            Teh Cars:<br />2002 Firebird V6<br />1997 Camaro SS 30th <br />1991 Firebird V6<br />1989 Firebird Formula<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/855002\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/855002</a>

Comment

Originally posted by 4thgenowner:
              </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by kahouna23:
              could also be a simple fix as the third brake light burnt out
              My Z does that.. it scares the **** out of me. </font>[/QUOTE][img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]

Comment

First before anything, It may be a very simple thing. On the passenger side of the engine bay, make sure one of your spark plug wires isn't resting on the foil-covered wire. Pretty sure the foil-covered wire is housing the electronics for the abs etc. I had the ABS inop light go on and someone one here told me about this and sure enough that's exactly what it was. S, make sure no spark plugs wires are resting on that wire or even getting within an inch or so from it.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X