Strange noise... any ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange noise... any ideas?

Only happens on hard left turns. Its a low pitch rubbing noise, and it only happens when i make a strong left turn. It sounds like its coming from the back left of the car. (seems to me like if it happened on a left turn it would be on the right... but its not). It sort of sounds like a muffled rub... rub... rub... metalic noise, but its not high pitched noise. Sort of like if you were dragging a brake rotor on concrete. I just put on new rotors, but i think it may have actually started after i did my drum to disk swap, its hard to say. My tires are 245/45/17's, and the only modificatiosn to the suspension i have are z28 shocks, and 1le lca's.

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
    Visit My F-Body Page

Check your brake job. pads whatnot. then hoist thecar up and do a test to try and get the sound your hearing, or have someone outside the car listen for the noise while you slowly drive yit. It all else fails check the suspension, and see if anything looks not right.
    Heady Navy Blue Metalic<br />Heady Catback Flowmasters<br />Heady Bilstien HDs, PAnhard rod, LCAs,SFCs<br />NGK\'s and MSD Wires, K&N flowin + Smooth Bellow<br />Y87 3800 GT Performance.<br />I love the way this car makes turns!<br /><br />1989 black Camoaro RS. R.I.P.

Comment

car has to be moving and leaning pretty hard to the right for the noise to come up. Everything "looks" ok. nothing is obviously rubbing on anything, the only thing i noticed is around the lip of the back left rotor there is some seemingly out of place ware.

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
      Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

I wish I could help you, I know the 96 Camaro I had before I got my 2000, did the same thing. Never did find out what it was. So far I have not heard it on my 2000.
        2000 V6 Camaro(bought brand new)
        5 speed
        Project: Unreal
        Several Mods..:naughty:plus Nitrous=WEEeee:banana:

2007 Suzuki GS500F :D

Daily driver
        2007 Chevy Aveo 5
        Mods K&N air filter:excited:
        www.guardiansworlds.com

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
          Good to see the site is back up
          by 2.8 Bird
          So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
          3 days ago
        • FirebirdGT
          New Site Hosting Issues
          by FirebirdGT
          All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
          2 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X