Car has a lope at idle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car has a lope at idle

i didnt notice it yesterday after racing or anything..i didnt notice it until today..but the car definitely has some sort of lope to it at idle and at the bottom of each gear under mild acceleration..i hooked it up to HP Tuners and everyting that i could see seemed to be functioning correctly..the idle rpm was up and down very little..but that was it..there may be a very very slight power loss..but i cant really tell..NO CODES at all..not when i was racing or anything..what can cause this???..i just replaced my injectors and fuel filter too
    <b>12 SECOND DUAL STAGE DRY NITROUS POWERED 98 A4 V6 CAMARO<br /><a href=\"http://www.mysickcamaro.50megs.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.MySickCamaro.50megs.com</a><br />Best ET: 12.82@103<br />Best MPH: 104.7<br />Best 60\': 1.75 - Stock TC</b><br /> </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Originally posted by Shodown:<br /><strong>1DV6 runs 12\'s...enough said. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">

No more installing cams while under the influence.... [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

^haha..i wish..someone else had the same problem here a while back..turned out to possibly be the injectors needing to be cleaned..but mine are brand new!
      <b>12 SECOND DUAL STAGE DRY NITROUS POWERED 98 A4 V6 CAMARO<br /><a href=\"http://www.mysickcamaro.50megs.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.MySickCamaro.50megs.com</a><br />Best ET: 12.82@103<br />Best MPH: 104.7<br />Best 60\': 1.75 - Stock TC</b><br /> </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Originally posted by Shodown:<br /><strong>1DV6 runs 12\'s...enough said. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">

Comment

are you runnin those 30# injectors, or are you running bigger ones? btw, check your e-mail. Have you sea foamed lately, or run any fuel system cleaners for all that matter?
        1995 Camaro 3.4L Black with T tops, 5 speed manual<br /><br />Mods:<br />Pro 5.0 short throw shifter, MSD Ignition coils, 3.73 gears, Torsen LSD,Mac diff cover, Umi LCAs<br />K&N Cold Air Intake, Window Tint (20% rear, 35%front), aluminum driveshaft, fastchip tuning

Comment

I have had the lope at idle and at mild acceleration. I checked everything plugs, injectors, Wires, coil packs, ICM, etc. and it turned out to be my MAF. I have gone threw 3 rebuilt ones and there was something wrong with all 3 of them. One would lope at idle badly, another made the car stall out at idle, and the last one loped at idle and missed during cruise speeds. I never threw a code when my original one was going bad wich loped at idle and acceleration.

The NOS you use might be playing hell on you MAF, I heard of someone else burning theres up using NOS.

[ July 12, 2005, 08:44 AM: Message edited by: 2002 v6 camaro uncharged ]
          Modifications:<br />headers, throtle bod spacer, flowmaster, high flow magnaflow carsound cat, powerdyne sc with 2.9\" pulley and by-pass valve, walboro 255 fuel pump, spec stage 2 clutch, and HP Tuners

Comment

^ that definitely sounds like me..there are also sometimes when the car will start and it'll rev like 500 rpms a couple times before it just goes steady..did you have problems like that?..is there any way to clean it or anything or do you have to get another one?..i havent sea foamed or used anything in the fuel

Comment

Mine would inconsistantly rev like that too all the time when I would first start it. I tried cleaning my original one first but it didn't fix the problem. I had to buy a new one, if you do buy a new one DO NOT get a rebuilt one. Definetly try to make sure that is the problem becasue they are not cheap.
              Modifications:<br />headers, throtle bod spacer, flowmaster, high flow magnaflow carsound cat, powerdyne sc with 2.9\" pulley and by-pass valve, walboro 255 fuel pump, spec stage 2 clutch, and HP Tuners

Comment

Oh, The way I finally figured it was my MAF sensor was while the car was idling I unplugged the MAF sensor the the idle smoothed right out and the lope went away.

Comment

Mine has a heavy lope at idle only when I start it cold. It goes away in about 30 seconds and has been doing it for a couple years now. I never thought anything of it, but maybe it isn't normal. If you find the problem please post it.
                  1999 Y87 Camaro<br />Whisper Lid, SLP SS Takeoff Exhaust

Comment

awesome..thanks for the info! ..im gonna go try unlpugging it and see if that helps..yeah it sucks they're like $200 or something like that..anyone know what the MAF signal is supposed to be like at idle?

Comment

Don't know what the signal are I cann't afford HP tuners for awhile (too many other repair bills).
                      Let me know what you find out, if the MAF is your problem then you would be the second person I have helped on this site. :D Its feels good to finally have some knowledge to help someone instead of asking for help all the time.

[ July 12, 2005, 09:46 AM: Message edited by: 2002 v6 camaro uncharged ]

Comment

it wasnt really doing it as bad this morning as it was yesterday..so when i unplugged the MAF i couldnt tell a big enough difference..but what you described are all my EXACT problems and symptoms..so thats probably it..especially with the tons of nitrous i have sprayed across it [img]smile.gif[/img] ..do you have to get a brand new one..or would a used one be ok?..just one that is used but hasnt been rebuilt or anything

Comment

I would think it should be okay as long as you know for sure the used one you would be getting is in good shape. The auto parts store said there was no way to test them so I do not know if there is any way to find out if they are good or not.

Comment

I don't want to scare you, but it might be more than the MAF. My car devoloped a lope at idle, and whenever I started it it would go up 500 or so RPMs and move back down (which then upgraded to about 2000 RPMs, and would also stick after giving it gas), as well as many other problems...long story short, I had a blown head gasket, and something happened internally to cause the valves to leak gas/oil into the intake, causing it to backfire inside of it. I'd start looking internally if the MAF thing doesn't work, and be easy on it.
                            <b>1996 Camaro Z28 M6 Convertible</b> Not stock (<a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2055334\" target=\"_blank\">Cardomain</a>) <i>(Wrecked, 3/4/06)</i><br /><b>1995 Camaro 3.4L</b> (<a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/602057\" target=\"_blank\">Cardomain</a>) <i>(Sold, 8/05)</i>

Comment

^ damn..that BLOWS..luckily i think its the MAF..it was acting up again today..even through a code for banks 1 and 2 running rich..so i unplugged it and let it run in speed density mode..after a moment of loping it smoothed out completely and stayed like that..i took it for a short spin and it drove a LOT better..back to how it used to..but just in case..and cuz im curious anyway..how much is a head gasket job on our cars?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X