Curious about temp reading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Curious about temp reading

Ok, it's not really a problem, but I went to the bank yesterday and by the time I got there, my temp was almost 200*. It was maybe a 10-15 min drive max and I only ran into about 2 or 3 redlights. I was driving rather conservatively, so it's not that I was going full throtle. I've also noticed that even on the highway my stat never moves from 210* and when I was in my dad's Suburban on the highway, the temp never even broke 180*. I don't think there's a problem, but I'd like my car to run cooler for some weird reason. Is there a way to do this? Maybe a WingsWest air dam (which I've heard is bigger than stock)? Not that it maters, just wondering.

Rob
    <b>2002 Pewter v6 Camaro</b><br />T-tops, Auto, stock GFX<br />mods: SSRA, Whisper lid, K&N filter, Borla cat-back, Pioneer HU, RF 6.5\" speakers, billet grill, clear corners, red tubing under hood, black CAMARO fill-in\'s, QTEC, GM power antenna, fan switch

210 is normal operating temperatures for our car. We have a stock 195 degree thermostat and thats what most cars temp gauges read. You could change to a lower degree thermostat to let coolant in more frequently and cool down the block. Although since it's winter it probably would be a better idea to leave whats in there now alone. If your temperature goes above what it normally operates then i'd take a farther look into it. Other then that, it seems like everything is fine.

Comment

You may have thermostat troubles. Be sure to watch it and make sure your thermostat's not stuck closed. Mine was the opposite at one time, it was stuck open, and my engine never ran hotter than like 160*. 160* thermostats are nice, but not in the winter.
      1992 Arctic White Firebird<br />3.1L V6, TB Coolant Bypass, CAI, Turbo Muffler, other little things.<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.geocities.com/colinobu/MyHomepage.html\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.geocities.com/colinobu/MyHomepage.html</a> <br /><br />\". . .Finger in the air and the flag still wavin\'. . .\"

Comment

Since you have a 2002, if you wish to run lower than a 180 (like a 160 hypertech), I have the fix for it :D

No thermostat troubles no more :D
        2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
        Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X