How big is the gastank on a 94 camaro 3.4 - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How big is the gastank on a 94 camaro 3.4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How big is the gastank on a 94 camaro 3.4

I put 150 miles on my tanks last week and it took in 5 gallons. I just went to the gas station with 100 miles on and it took 15.5 gallons. How big is the gastank?

I believe it is 15.5 gal. That doesn't include line volume though, so the gas in the lines from the tank to the injectors isn't included. But that certainly doesn't account for your missing 10 gallons :eek: Are you saying you put 150mi on a full tank and then refilled it to the top with 5gal. And then repeated the process after driving 100mi and you were able to put 15.5gal in?? Sounds like you have a leak somewhere. Or you are running awfully rich [img]tongue.gif[/img] Did you swap a fuel filter or pump recently and maybe put a leak in the lines somehow?

Comment

naw havnt swapped anything. Imt hinking maybe sum1 jacked some of my gas. My gauge for the gas dont work , i already got another gauge set t put in but i never have time so its just sitting on my table. as for the refill... it kept stopping on the pump when i was putting in the like 4.5 gallons so i stopped then the next time it was 15.5 with 50 less miles... iw as like wtf
      i dont smell any gas leak.

Comment

So when you filled it up with 4.5gal, you aren't sure it was a full tank? Was it full before you put the 150mi on it?

Comment

15.5 gallons for your '94. They went up to 16.8 in '98 or so.
          2001 Onyx Black Camaro M5-Totalled<br />2005 Ford F150 XLT 5.4L<br /><br />\"To make peace, prepare for war.\"

Comment

i guess i could say i wasnt sure if it was full when i gilled it up on the 150 miles time sinc emy gauge doesnt actually work but the gas pump kept going off like it was full..

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X