Fuel Pressure gauge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Pressure gauge?

What kinda Fuel Pressure gauge do you all use? Or how do you check your pressure? I got a tool from Harbor Freight but have yet to use it, dont even know if it'll work..
    2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Re: Fuel Pressure gauge?

I use a Snap On gauge. you hook it up to the fitting usually on the fuel rail of any car and either turn the key to run or turn the car on. when done, push a button on it to drain the fuel from the lines in the gauge. you can do the same thing but keep it hooked up to relieve fuel pressure in the system or get a fuel sample.
    2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

I have an autometer phantom fuel pressure gauge
      http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

i was kinda thinking of getting a real time fuel pressure gauge that would complement my A-pillar pod. Just so i can see fuel pressure all the time
        2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

O', i thought you were talking for test purposes. :\
          2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

I have an autometer in car, full sweep elec. gauge and it needs an adaptor to fit over the schreder valve, what size is needed a 6 an or 4 an, anyone know?

Comment

which is more accurate mechanical or electric? I think I heard mechanical was best.

Comment

mechanical is better, but is not safe to run into the cabin.

Comment

Originally posted by UDLOSE98
                  mechanical is better, but is not safe to run into the cabin.
                  stupid question: why not?

Comment

Originally posted by slow6
                    stupid question: why not?
                    mechanical runs fuel to the gauge, so if you have the gauge in the cabin and then something comes loose, you got fuel pouring all over ya. ;)

Mine is an electrical one and it works great

Comment

I am really having trouble finding the adaptor I need to make this gauge work, I need a female to female -4an fitting I am pretty sure.

anyone know of any?

Comment

Originally posted by 97rs4life
                        Mine is an electrical one and it works great
                        how much? where did you buy it from? was it hard to hook up? what brand?

Comment

Originally posted by slow6
                          how much? where did you buy it from? was it hard to hook up? what brand?
                          I got it through my supplier. ;) Hooking it up was easy with my wet kit for nitrous. I just put it inline with the fuel line going to my solenoid. If you want a price let me know what kind you want and I can check into it

Comment

plz check into it. I dont know what kind you offer?
                            I dont know how hard it is to rig in a mechanical(I want to put it into my A-pillar pod).

Comment

any autometer I can get

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                                Had to be evacuated again due to fire
                                by ssms5411
                                Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
                                1 week ago
                              • RPDRed6
                                For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
                                by RPDRed6
                                Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
                                3 weeks ago
                              • ssms5411
                                No start problem
                                by ssms5411
                                So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
                                4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X