Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best spark plugs?

which is the best to run for the 3.8 engine honestly
    no fate but what we make<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/748167/1\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/748167/1</a>

Im not real sure but the other day i was thinking about picking up some bosch platinum+4 but i didnt. They are a little pricey though for plugs!
    2001 v-6 camaro K&N filter so far.

Comment

Don't fall for the gimmick plugs. Ex: the ones with four electrodes or six or eight. Get a good set of AC Delco rapid fire or some NGK and don't worry about it. Bad thing is now AC delco plugs are made by Champion. Champion = junk. IMO.

Comment

From personal experience, don't go with Iridium.

From what I've heard, don't go with +4's in our cars.

Either go with a cheap copper plug or some platinum plug like the one that came in there stock.

I'm ditching the Iridiums and going with NGK TR55's hopefully today, $1.50/plug.
        1997 Nassau Blue Vette<br />1989 Jeep Cherokee 4x4 (lifted with 31\" tires)<br />2000 V6 Camaro, loud, cammed 210rwhp *SOLD*

Comment

I've have Bosch Platinum's right now, and I have no problems at all with them.
          I was going to post a thread here asking who has used the Iridum Plugs. I saw them on Ebay, but I am skeptical of the HP increase they are talking. Are they [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img] ??

-Marc
          sigpic

Comment

I had the bosch platinum +4 and I didn't like them. I would get random misfires. You can't gap the +4 either. So if you plan to run nitrous, definatly don't get them.
            <a href=\"http://www.fatninjas.com/camaro\" target=\"_blank\">\'96 Camaro Convertible</a>

Comment

NGK's are the ones with the least amount of complaints. In my opinion, spark plugs would help an engine run smoother- but if you want more power being made, then you'll need an ignition system, coils and wires to feel the difference.
              <b>Sean: 1994 Camaro daily driver</b>

Comment

AC Delco Rapidfires or NGKs are good spark plugs IMHO
                E-mail: ibjanky@yahoo.com<br />AOL IM: IBJanky

Comment

haveing a well i guess i coudl say the wrong type of plug coudl that screw up your gas milage
                  no fate but what we make<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/748167/1\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/748167/1</a>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by hockeyman:
                    I've have Bosch Platinum's right now, and I have no problems at all with them.
                    I was going to post a thread here asking who has used the Iridum Plugs. I saw them on Ebay, but I am skeptical of the HP increase they are talking. Are they [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img] ??

-Marc
                    <hr></blockquote>

Here's my experience with NGK Iridium plugs. I did a tune up, fuel filter, Taylor wires, NGK Iridium Plugs, TB spacer/coolant bypass, Sea Foam in the intake, vacuum tube, gas tank and crank case, cleaned the air filter, changed the oil and filter after some miles to let the Sea Foam in the crank case to do it's thing. The last several times at the track I can't hit 90mph in the quarter any more, can only do 88. It may have been the weather but this was on several failed attempts. I'm going with NGK TR-55's for a while before I go back with Platinums.

The only reason I went with Iridium is because of what I read on NGK's website and because it's just a cool word, Iridium. So much cooler than Copper.
                    1997 Nassau Blue Vette<br />1989 Jeep Cherokee 4x4 (lifted with 31\" tires)<br />2000 V6 Camaro, loud, cammed 210rwhp *SOLD*

Comment

Hey TTop34, thanx man! You probably just saved me $65.00. I fell for the SplitFire gimmick years ago, but I too liked the name "Iridium" and was willing to try them. I was thinking like when we (as kids) got new shoes and thought we could run faster because of the name.

-Marc
                      sigpic

Comment

i am running iridium plugs but dont run at the track so only can say they seem to work fine. no misfires and my idle is 'fine' (w/o the maf screen the idle surges a bit no matter what plug you have)

copper should be the hottest spark (which is why its preferred for nitrous/supercharger setups). platnium, while long lasting, doesnt provide the best spark. iridium is supposed to be somewhere in between -- long life and hotter spark than platinum. i dont like replacing the plugs so i didnt go copper. if it was a little easier on the '99 i might think about copper.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X