taking center console out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• taking center console out?

hi guys,... just wandering how hard it is to take center console out?... i want to paint it...... how would i go about taking it out?

thanks...
    02 camaro \"silver bullet\" slp CAI, flowmaster american thunder catback, custom 35 anniversary brake light, custom bowtie side markers, custom painted bowtie tailight covers,12 disc cd changer, 18\" replica z06 wheels..

Its really easy, wont take long at all.

Disconnect the neg battery cable.

Two (7mm?) small bolts under the change holder, then the retaining clip on the shifter handle(auto). Takeout the ashtray and lift up from the back (bolt end) disconnect the light for the shift indicator (auto) undo the clips for any switches above the ashtray and the cigarette lighter and remove the inset peice. I think I had to shift out of park to get this peice out.

Then there are two more bolts inside the console (where the change holder was) and two up front on each side of the trans tunner under the radio and one in the center in front of the air bag sensor and behind the shifter. Lift it out over the ebrake handle.
    01 Camaro A4 Convertible

Comment

http://www.installuniversity.com/ins...er_install.htm

Just disregard the stuff for swapping the shifter. Go up to step 18, skip 14. ;)
      Matt
      1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
      Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

ok.. thanks guys!!
        02 camaro \"silver bullet\" slp CAI, flowmaster american thunder catback, custom 35 anniversary brake light, custom bowtie side markers, custom painted bowtie tailight covers,12 disc cd changer, 18\" replica z06 wheels..

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X