valve noise, click click click

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• valve noise, click click click

hey yall, first time poster long time reader....
    i got a problem. i bought a 98 camaro last winter, it was a "i saw it and must have it" type thing. after a month or so, before the 3 month 30k warrenty was up i knoticed what sounded to me like the valves sticking. and it got progressivly louder. i took it to the dealer ships and they said it was "a normal engine noise" and i was actually hearing the fuel injectors clicking in time. i didnt fall off the hay truck last night and ive turned a few wrenches in my day. sounded to me like a stuck or partially collapsed lifter. took it to another chevy dealer and they said "the 3800 series engines are netorious for devoloping crud on the valves after about 8000 miles on a new engine, fuel system cleaner does the trick" i only run premium gas in the beast, its bone stock, and i dont race it around. i mostly do all freeway driving. but whats the deal with the valve noise, has anyone else out there come up with the same problem? ive tryed fuel system cleaner to no avail. it actualy made the ticking of the valves louder. i can hear it from at least 6 paces away from the car at idle. also took it in for some tranny issues...after some spirited driving i knotice my auto tranny shifts really hard and sometimes kicks my ses light but usually goes away in a day or so....any word form the pros here? [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img]

You don't need premium gas if it's a 3.8L....

I would suggest seafoaming - 1 can in gas tank, half in crankcase, half in your intake vacuum. Should clean it right out.

As for the tranny, I Bet you have the TCC valve issue... $300 at a tranny shop to fix that.
    <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/kefkafloyd\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/kefkafloyd</a> <br />Red 1997 Pontiac Firebird 3.8L A4 w/ Y87

Comment

mine ticks sometimes too, especially right after oil changes.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X