interesting p0300...random/multi misfire.... - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

interesting p0300...random/multi misfire....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• interesting p0300...random/multi misfire....

i was driving on the interstate for about a hour and then i heard what sounded like a pop, and i all of the sudden lost about 80% power and the check engine light starts flashing. i know right away its a misfire and its a nasty one at that, i pull off on the next exit and the car is sounding horrible, the oil pressure drops a lot, idle dropped to about 400, and it was as rough and as sluggish as any car could possibly get..it was still drivable but barely, so i turned around and went home and hoped I wouldn't damage it. got it home alright and let it sit for about a hour...i go back out and check it again...its running normal. i drive it to autozone to get the code checked and its a p0300, random/multi misfire. Whats weird is I got out there today and drove it around for a while, got the engine as hot as it would get and came back home without having one problem. The check engine light is solid and not blinking anymore either. After running it with no problem, i still checked all of the plugs, wires, coils and they were all fine. the coils/wires are msd and less than a year old and plugs are ngk and i got them at the same time as the other parts. Most external components on the car are new as well. The car is still running fine, but i haven't done anything that would correct the problem. I would think the misfire would stay, not just come and go. Has anyone had a misfire come and go, or can you recommend checking any other components on the car?
    Black 1996 3.8 Firebird T5, SLP CAI, Pacesetter Ceramic Headers,160* t-stat, PCMforLess Tune, Flowmaster American Thunder catback, Car Sounds Cat, custom s-pipe, MSD coils and wires, NGK plugs, 3.42 posi rear, B&M Ripper, 245/50 BFG-G-force's

Re: interesting p0300...random/multi misfire....

When I had mine occur it did that same thing almost. I think the computer will try to correct for problems that occur which is why it's gone now but it will more than likely reappear. It will only be able to adjust for so long before it says to hell with it. Yours are new but i changed my plugs and wires and it fixed the problem.
    Let's flip a coin. Heads I get tail, Tails I get head.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
    Working...
    X