Need help, throwing 2 codes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help, throwing 2 codes.

OK so about a week ago my car started misfiring. I took it in to get scanned, and it was a cylinder 6 misfire. So last night I changed out ALL plugs and wires, 2nd time since I've had it, started it up and it sounded fine. When I went to work later that night, it started misfiring again. So I got it scanned, but this time there were two codes, a P0300 Random/Multiple Cylinder Misfire, and a P1870 Transmission Comp Slipping. I know the Tranny has been shifting rough into 2nd lately, but it didn't throw the code until now. Also what else could be causing the misfire? Any help would be greatly appreciated, TIA!

Cliff notes: Car is misfiring, and I'm wondering why.

1998 White Camaro 3800, A4, MagnaFlow Cat-Back, Zexel & 3.42's, Jet Chip Stage 2, Whisper Lid, and Ram Air.

Re: Need help, throwing 2 codes.

I just got off the phone with my dad, and he said he talked to a mechanic who told him to run injector cleaner through it........that sounded crazy to me. Is there any sense in that, especially since I just seafoamed it 6000 miles ago?

1998 White Camaro 3800, A4, MagnaFlow Cat-Back, Zexel & 3.42's, Jet Chip Stage 2, Whisper Lid, and Ram Air.

Comment

could be your coil. pop the wires of them make sure that everything looks good. also make sure that your not burning up your wires on the headers
      WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

HEY MY 3800 Is doing the same thing with tranny... if you frive it a long time the shifting gets jerky, then it will eventually through the p1870 code like yours... i just plug my obd2 and turn it off then it goes away for like a month.

Comment

P1870 and hard 2nd shift - TCC Valve failure - needs Sonax Valve mod. Search posts for more info

also make sure that your not burning up your wires on the headers
          Also check wire connections at coils. My FB threw a misfire code a couple of weeks ago, found the cyl 2 wire at the coil burnt. Replaced the wire and coil and car runs great again.
          Now Playing: \'99 Pewter Firebird, stock, bone stock, and nothing but stock, so help me God!<br />Comming attractions: K&N Filter, Lid Mod, Intake Bellows Smooth Pipe Mod.<br />I dream about: Forced Induction (TC or SC) or NOX (or both!)

Comment

Damn it mine is doing the same thing, hopefully all i need is a tune up because t I dont think the people that had the car before me never did a tune up to my car!! So im praying..lol

Comment

Originally posted by CDNFB
              P1870 and hard 2nd shift - TCC Valve failure - needs Sonax Valve mod. Search posts for more info

Also check wire connections at coils. My FB threw a misfire code a couple of weeks ago, found the cyl 2 wire at the coil burnt. Replaced the wire and coil and car runs great again.
              Holy Cow, thanks a bunch!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X