My car is making weird noises

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My car is making weird noises

When I start it up there is a high pitched constant squealing noise. It gets much louder as the RPM's go up. I don't know what it is. It doesn't sound right. Is something wrong?
    <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/sean37\" target=\"_blank\">Black \'97 Camaro</a> w/ CAI, catback

check the condition of you belt, make sure it's tight and not cracked anywhere. if that's in good shape, try spraying some lube on the pulleys (but not where the belt goes, just around the axis), and don't use wd40, get an actual lubricant. that's my best guess without actually hearing the noise.
    you can\'t get off if you don\'t get on

Comment

you may have bad bearings. does it sound like metal on metal? or just a squeal.. first check the belt as said above.. second check the condition of your bearings.. do you have a 5-speed or an auto? i'd check everything from the clutch barring to the belt, to the alternator (those have a tendency to squeek. anything else may need professional checks
      1994 3.4L Dark Green Camaro - Tan Cloth Interior<br />Mods - Flowmaster, High Flow Cat, K&N Filter, Window Tint, Premium Sound system (2 subs custom box, New 99 Z28 style Rims/Tires, New Clutch<br /> More to come!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X